Punching-shear calculation package
Design according to Eurocode provisions (EN-1992-1)
Evaluation of basic control perimeters (§6.4.2)
- Support for columns of arbitrary polygonal shape.
- Support for drop panels.
- Automatic classification of columns into 'internal', 'edge', and 'corner'.
Evaluation of design shear stress (§6.4.3) for biaxial eccentricity of all classes of columns, using three methods:
- Analytical via numerical evaluation of the perimeter modulus W1 (6.40) in both directions.
- Approximate through Eq. (6.43).
- Simplified through §6.4.3(6).
Design checks according to §6.4.4.
Support for declaration of soil-pressure on raft-slabs:
- Discrete pressure field
Evaluation of a code-compliant shear-cage layout according to provisions of §6.4.5.
Not yet supported:
- Consideration of openings in the evaluation of basic control perimeters (§6.4.2(3)).
- Favourable effect of in-plane normal stresses in Eq. (6.47).
- Evaluation of radial layout of shear reinforcement (Fig. 6.22A).
We use the
dx stack of packages (
- Geometric representation of structural elements using
- Geometric operations and linear algebra utilities with
- Use of
dx_utilities.fieldsfor various representations.
- Visualization of results using
- Support for tabular reports using
Source code lives in https://gitlab.com/d-e/dx-punch.
See the documentation pages.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size dx_punch-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (42.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size dx-punch-1.0.0.tar.gz (42.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|