High performance, thread safe traversing tool for AWS DynamoDB
High performance, thread safe, hackable, general purpose traversing tool for AWS DynamoDB based on aioboto3.
Why manually traverse dynamodb table?
There're tens of ways to consume dynamodb data, for example, dynamodb stream, emr dynamodb connector, kinesis stream... they are good for different use cases. Manual traverse has following benefits comparing to these solutions:
- Deal with "small data"
- Schema evolution, table migration
- Custom TTL mechanism
- Full control over offline traversing
- Work with complicated nosql schema
- Cross AWS account data replication/transformation
Irrelevant use cases
dynamodb-traverse is not native to AWS, do not use if your use cases like:
- Real time streaming
- Simple nosql schema that maps one primary key value to one sort key value
- Big data (~TB) workload that requires dedicated emr clusters
- Data backup
Prerequisite: python 3.8+ and aioboto3>=6.4.1 (bleeding edge)
Run following command to install requirements:
$ pip install aioboto3
Next, install dynamodb-traverse by running:
$ pip install dynamodb-traverse
To uninstall dynamodb-traverse, run:
$ pip uninstall dynamodb-traverse
dynamodb-traverseby default looks at
~/.aws/credentialsfor profiles you specified in the client. Make sure you have created profile to access dynamodb.
- You can specify audit log location when initializing client. By default it writes to
- We recommend using
35as default scan batch size because of dynamodb limitations
Benchmark (in progress)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for dynamodb_traverse-0.1.7-py3-none-any.whl