SSH into EC2 instances via tag name
A pair of command line utilities for finding and SSH-ing into your Amazon EC2 instances by tag (such as ‘Name’).
Forked from Instagram original code by YPlan.
pip install ec2-ssh-yplan
# ec2-ssh % ec2-ssh nginx2 # equivalent to # ssh email@example.com % ec2-ssh root@appserver % ec2-ssh deploy@nginx2 sudo restart nginx # ec2-host # w/o arg: prints all active instances % ec2-host ec2-123-45-67-89.compute-1.amazonaws.com ec2-132-45-67-89.compute-1.amazonaws.com ec2-231-45-67-89.compute-1.amazonaws.com # w/ arg % ec2-host backend ec2-132-45-67-89.compute-1.amazonaws.com ec2-132-45-67-90.compute-1.amazonaws.com # w/ tag arg too % ec2-host -t environment production ec2-132-45-67-90.compute-1.amazonaws.com ec2-111-45-67-90.compute-1.amazonaws.com
- Next version release notes here
- Fix Python 3 bug with subprocess output type
- Pip failed to receive wheel in version 1.5.0, re-uploading
- Now using boto3
- ec2-ssh rewritten in Python. As part of this, the automatic ‘pretty prompt’ has been removed.
- Forked by YPlan
- Output from ec2-host is now in random order, allowing ec2-ssh to spread logins between similar instances
- Python 3 compatibility
- Fix issue when ec2-host finds one offline instance with same name as an online instance
- Merged pull requests to add region and tag support
- Add line echoing host before establishing SSH connection
- override prompt (PS1) to show tag name
- initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(6.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||2.7||Aug 17, 2016|
(4.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Aug 17, 2016|