Authentication for clinicedc/edc projects.
Authentication and permissions for the Edc
The default groups are required for the normal operation of an EDC deployment. The default groups are:
- ACCOUNT_MANAGER: members may add/change and delete user accounts
- ADMINISTRATION: members may view the Administration page
- AUDITOR: members may view all forms but have no add/change permissions.
- CLINIC: members may add/edit/delete all CRFs, Requisitions, Actions and other required clinic trial data entry forms. They may also view the Requisition page of the Lab section;
- EVERYONE: members may access the EDC;
- LAB: members may perform all functions in the Lab section (Edit requisitions, receive, process, pack, manage manifests, etc);
- PII: members may view all personally identifiable data and edit forms that manage such data (Screening, Consents, Patient registration);
- PII_VIEW: members may view personally identifiable data but have no add/edit permissions for any of the forms that store such data.
Permissions use Django’s permission framework, therefore, all permissions are linked to some model.
Permissions don’t always naturally link to a model. In such cases, a dummy model is created. For example, with Navigation bars from edc_navbar. Permissions to follow an item on a navigation bar are associated with model edc_navbar.Navbar. A similar approach is used for listboard permissions using edc_dashboard.Dashboard.
You create user accounts by importing a specially formatted CSV file. Once an account is created a “Welcome” email may be sent.
Import users from a CSV file with columns:
username first_name last_name job_title email alternate_email mobile sites: a comma-separated list of sites groups: a comma-separated list of groups
Then import the users from your application commandline
python manage.py import_users --csvfile=/Users/erikvw/meta_users.csv --notify-to-test-email=ew2789@gmail --resource-name=meta.clinicedc.org --resend-as-new
Important: If you are upgrading from edc_base.auth:
The userprofile table is now in edc_auth. edc_auth has one migration for this table. Copy the same table from edc_base and fake the edc_auth migration.
CREATE TABLE edc_auth_userprofile LIKE edc_base_userprofile; INSERT edc_auth_userprofile SELECT * FROM edc_base_userprofile;
python manage.py migrate edc_auth --fake
You can now run the edc_base migration safely.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size edc_auth-0.1.66-py3-none-any.whl (75.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for edc_auth-0.1.66-py3-none-any.whl