Framework for Messaging
The automated communication engine, A.C.E. for short, is a Django app for messaging learners on the edX platform. This app can be installed in any edX project, but has only been tested with edx-platform. Email delivery (via Sailthru and Django Email) are the currently supported delivery channels. In the future we may add support for other delivery channels such as push notifications.
The full documentation is at https://edx-ace.readthedocs.org.
The code in this repository is licensed under the AGPL 3.0 unless otherwise noted.
Please see LICENSE.txt for details.
How To Contribute
Contributions are very welcome.
Please read How To Contribute for details.
Even though they were written with edx-platform in mind, the guidelines should be followed for Open edX code in general.
PR description template should be automatically applied if you are sending PR from github interface; otherwise you can find it at PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md
Issue report template should be automatically applied if you are sending it from github UI as well; otherwise you can find it at ISSUE_TEMPLATE.md
Reporting Security Issues
Please do not report security issues in public. Please email email@example.com.
Have a question about this repository, or about Open edX in general? Please refer to this list of resources if you need any assistance.
[1.1.0] - 2021-03-26
- Braze: Add ACE_CHANNEL_BRAZE_FROM_EMAIL setting to override the normal from address
- Sailthru: Remove Braze rollout waffle flag
[1.0.1] - 2021-03-15
- Braze: Add an unsubscribe action link
- Braze: Don’t ask Braze to inline css, as ACE templates already have inline css
[1.0.0] - 2021-03-11
- BREAKING: Recipient objects now take lms_user_id instead of username
- New braze_email backend, needing the following new configuration:
- ACE_CHANNEL_BRAZE_REST_ENDPOINT (like rest.iad-01.braze.com)
- ACE_CHANNEL_BRAZE_CAMPAIGNS (an optional dictionary of ACE message names to Braze campaign identifiers)
[0.1.18] - 2020-11-19
- Updated he travis-badge in README.rst to point to travis-ci.com
[0.1.17] - 2020-10-19
- Use IntEnum to avoid silent failure in value comparisons
[0.1.16] - 2020-10-17
- Fixed Enum usage for Python 3.8 to avoid TypeError when comparing values
[0.1.15] - 2020-03-11
- Added support for Python 3.8
- Removed support for Django 2.0 and 2.1
[0.1.14] - 2020-03-11
- Fix trivial warning from deprecated use of attr library.
[0.1.13] - 2019-12-06
- Django22 Support.
[0.1.12] - 2019-10-16
- Reply_to field added in emails.
[0.1.10] - 2018-11-01
- Django lazy text translations are handled properly.
[0.1.9] - 2018-07-13
- Updated delivery logging
[0.1.0] - 2017-08-08
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size edx_ace-1.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (56.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size edx-ace-1.1.0.tar.gz (47.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for edx_ace-1.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl