A Sphinx theme for Open edX documentation
edx-sphinx-theme is a Sphinx theme for Open edX documentation. It should be used for all documentation in repositories in the edx GitHub organization which is intended to be used with the Sphinx documentation system.
This theme makes the following changes to the default Sphinx output:
- Displays the edX logo
- Adds a link to a feedback form that identifies which page the feedback came from
To use edx-sphinx-theme for a repository’s documentation:
- pip install edx-sphinx-theme or equivalent (add edx-sphinx-theme to any appropriate requirements files)
- Add edx_theme to the extensions list in conf.py (it adds the feedback form URL to the rendering context for each page).
- Update the html_theme and html_theme_path values in conf.py so the theme can be located and loaded.
- Set html_favicon to the path of the favicon.ico file in the theme.
- Use the AUTHOR and COPYRIGHT constants where appropriate in conf.py (these defaults are only provided as a convenience, the repository is free to use other values if appropriate).
import os import edx_theme extensions = ['edx_theme'] copyright = edx_theme.COPYRIGHT author = edx_theme.AUTHOR html_theme = 'edx_theme' html_theme_path = [edx_theme.get_html_theme_path()] html_favicon = os.path.join(html_theme_path, 'edx_theme', 'static', 'css', 'favicon.ico') latex_documents = [ (master_doc, 'edx-sphinx-theme.tex', 'edx-sphinx-theme Documentation', author, 'manual'), ]
Read the Docs Configuration
Because this theme is a Python package which needs to be installed, Read the Docs needs to be configured appropriately to be able to install it when performing documentation builds. Under Advanced Settings:
- Install your project inside a virtualenv using setup.py install should be checked
- Requirements file should point to a pip requirements file which includes open-edx-theme.
The full documentation is at https://edx-sphinx-theme.readthedocs.org.
The code in this repository is licensed under the Apache Software License 2.0 unless otherwise noted.
Please see LICENSE.txt for details.
How To Contribute
Contributions are very welcome.
Please read How To Contribute for details.
Even though they were written with edx-platform in mind, the guidelines should be followed for Open edX code in general.
Reporting Security Issues
Please do not report security issues in public. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question about this repository, or about Open edX in general? Please refer to this list of resources if you need any assistance.
[1.2.0] - 2017-07-18
- The text of the help and feedback links are now variables settable in the html_context.
- Updated the copyright year.
[1.1.0] - 2017-06-28
- Supply extension metadata to enable parallel builds.
[1.0.2] - 2016-11-09
- Added favicon and .eot font file to distributed package.
[1.0.1] - 2016-10-14
- Fixed two instances of line-height being slightly increased in an ugly way.
[1.0] - 2016-10-07
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|edx_sphinx_theme-1.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (217.4 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||Jul 20, 2017|
|edx-sphinx-theme-1.2.0.tar.gz (220.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jul 20, 2017|