EEA Alchemy allows you to bulk auto-discover geographical coverage, temporal coverage, keywords and more
Auto-discover geographical coverage, temporal coverage and keywords from documents common metadata (title, description, body, etc).
This tool allows Plone managers to auto-discover and fix subject keywords, location and temporal coverage using http://www.alchemyapi.com/ web service.
- Auto-discover keywords, locations and temporal coverage
- Add a wizard icon near Subject, Location, etc fields in edit form to auto-discover and suggest tags based on text in other fields (Title, Description)
The easiest way to get eea.alchemy support in Plone 4 using this package is to work with installations based on zc.buildout. Other types of installations should also be possible, but might turn out to be somewhat tricky.
To get started you will simply need to add the package to your “eggs” and “zcml” sections, run buildout, restart your Plone instance and install the “eea.alchemy” package using the quick-installer or via the “Add-on Products” section in “Site Setup”.
You can download a sample buildout at:
- Get your alchemy key here: http://www.alchemyapi.com/api/register.html
- Update your alchemy API key within ZMI > Plone > portal_properties > alchemyapi
- Within Plone Control panel go to Alchemy Tags.
- Latest source code (Plone 4 compatible):
- Plone 2 and 3 compatible:
The Initial Owner of the Original Code is European Environment Agency (EEA). All Rights Reserved.
The EEA Alchemy (the Original Code) is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
More details under docs/License.txt
- no changes
- Feature: Added possibility to auto-discover tags not only in Title and Description. [voineali #4633]
- Feature: Added upgrade steps [voineali #4392]
- Feature: Plone 4.x compatible release [ghicaale #4235]
- Cleanup: of pyflakes warnings [ichimdav #4141]
- Cleanup: of pylint violations [ichimdav #4140]
- Initial release