EEA Faceted Navigation (Plone 4.x)
- Plone Faceted Navigation product
- Main features
- Live demo
- Source code
- Copyright and license
- 4.0-rc1 - (2010-11-15)
- 3.4 - (2010-09-30)
- 3.3 (2010-09-06)
- 3.2 (2010-08-16)
- 3.1.1 (2010-07-07)
- 3.1 (2010-07-01)
- 3.0 (2010-06-16)
- 2.0 (2010-05-07)
- 1.9 (2010-03-26)
- 1.8 (2010-03-18)
- 1.7 (2010-03-16)
- 1.6 (2010-02-15)
- 1.5 (2010-01-18)
- 1.4 (2009-11-27)
- 1.3 (2009-11-18)
- 1.2 (2009-11-09)
- 1.1 (2009-10-30)
- 1.0r1 (2009-10-30)
- 1.0 (2009-10-30)
Faceted Navigation (FN) gives you a very powerful interface to improve search within large collections of items. It lets you gradually select and explore different facets (metadata) of the site content and narrow down you search dynamically.
On the contrary plone collections are static, in a way that the site admin decide the search criteria and the end user is not able to further sort or filter the presented results.
FN is fully customizable, site admin may decide that some criteria (facets) must have fixed values while other may be presented as filter options to the web visitor.
FN may very well replace the standard collection content type, since it covers same functionality and it adds a lot more features.
FN can also be used as an advanced search for your site. It comes with plenty of configuration options and features like:
- Easy customisable GUI via drag-n-drop, no restart needed.
- Facets can be set to fixed default values and hidden.
- Facets can be placed in standard search or extended search panels, to not intimidate novice users and have cleaner interface
- Facets can be displayed via several widgets like select, radio, text input, tag cloud, date range and more
- Expandable and collapsable widgets with many values
- Automatically counts number of content items beside each facet value
- Possibility to show or hide the options with zero results (show only the facets which return content)
- Ability to create your custom content types definition to be used as a combination of interface and portal type, presented in a single widget.
- Export of search result in RSS.
- Pleasant user interface based on Ajax JQuery, implemented with “deep linking”, so bookmarking a faceted query works, browser history supported.
- Export / Import of faceted settings as XML. Useful to replicate same facets navigation on another site.
- Synchronisation of settings across multiple languages, I18N support.
- High performance by caching faceted catalog queries via distributed memory object caching system: memcached
- Plone 4.x
Here some live production demos at EEA (European Environment Agency)
- Latest source code (Plone 4 compatible):
- Plone 2 and 3 compatible:
The Initial Owner of the Original Code is European Environment Agency (EEA). All Rights Reserved.
The EEA Faceted Navigation (the Original Code) is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- Alin Voinea (Eau de Web),
- Antonio De Marinis (European Environment Agency),
- Alec Ghica (Eau de Web),
- Sasha Vincic (Valentine Web Systems)
- Izhar Firdaus (Inigo Consulting)
- Peter Holzer (Agitator)
More details under docs/License.txt
- Feature: Moved to Plone collective and start make the package compatible with Plone 4.
- [voineali, ghicaale, hpeteragitator]
- Bug fix: Fixed search by words containing “(“, “-” etc [ghicaale #3639c
- Bug fix: Fixed random failure of daterange doctests [voineali #3664]
- Bug fix: Fixed expandable and collapsible widgets when used in combination with
- hide zero count items [voineali #3457]
- Bug fix: Fixed faceted counter for custom portal types defined by
- portal_faceted tool [voineali #3139]
- Bug fix: Fixed alphabetic widget crash when REQUEST.LANGUAGE like ‘it-it’ [voineali #3499]
- Change: Better small loader animation for facets, as the previous was not visible enough [demarant]
- Feature: Added TAL Expression Widget to allow one to define dynamic queries
- (e.g. limit faceted query to context path) [voineali #3538]
- Change: Cleanup faceted js/css computing mechanism and use
- Bug fix: Fixed failing tests [voineali]
- Bug fix: Fixed facets not appearing in google chrome [voineali #3371]
- Feature: Use jquery.bbq plugin for browsing history [voineali #3371]
- Change: faceted_view.css has no condition anymore in portal_css profile. Removed
- duplicate from faceted_edit.css [voineali #3409]
- Feature: Made Large Folder faceted navigable [voineali #3059]
- Feature: Added special faceted widget ETag in order to easily generate another
- faceted version id which is used by squid or other proxy caching systems. See docs/versions.txt [voineali #3338]
- Change: Cleanup old css/js profile by removing duplicated items (@@ ones) [voineali]
- Feature: Make faceted navigation aware of collection’s query. [#3275]
- [Thanks to Izhar Firdaus]
- Bug fix: Moved faceted actions from portal_fiveactions to portal_actions
- as as it caused conflicts with p4a.plonecalendar and p4a.video. [#3275] [Thanks to Izhar Firdaus]
- Change: Refactored field.Vocabulary to be reused also with other fields
- than StringField [voineali]
- Upgrade step:
- Within portal_setup import all steps using ‘EEA Faceted Navigation’ profile
- or reinstall it from portal_quickinstaller.
- Change: Update API to easily access default criteria [voineali #2939]
- contexts using a previously defined faceted navigable configuration. This way, by providing faceted navigable URL it can be used in pop-ups, dialogs, etc [voineali #3198]
- Bug fix: Fixed that z3 vocabularies are not updated at runtime [voineali #3239]
- Bug fix: Fixed faceted text widget error [voineali #3162]
- Bug fix: Fixed that after last update faceted widgets not responding [voineali #3157]
- Feature: Added debug widget [voineali #3141]
- Change: Replaced after_query method with IWidgetFilterBrains adapter [voineali #3141]
- Feature: Support non-ascii keywords vocabulary [voineali #3100]
- Feature: Enable and/or search operator on faceted checkbox widget [voineali #2940]
- Feature: Added an error layer in order to easily see widgets with configuration
- Bug fix: Fixed relative path problems for path widget when using
- in production [voineali #2625]
- Change: Make date range widget more user friendly using
- jquery ui datepicker [voineali #2871]
- Change: Make date widget more user friendly using jQuery slider plugin [voineali #2871]
- Bug fix: Fixed that if jquery is present in portal_javascirpts do not reload it in
- faceted_view.js / faceted_edit.js [voineali]
- Feature: Add path (location) widget [voineali #2625]
- Bug fix: Fixed translate UnicodeDecodeError [voineali #2907]
- Feature: Memcache tagscloud_counter results. Also use eea.cache in order
- to dynamically set and invalidate memcache dependencies. [voineali #2801]
- Feature: Implemented a version control system for faceted configuration in order to
- invalidate proxy cache systems like squid by requesting a new URL. [voineali #2783]
- Bug fix: Fixed IE submit form when return is pressed in search field [voineali #2825]
- Feature: Keep minimum of distinct URLs for same queries in order to
- cache efficiently [voineali #2596]
- Bug fix: Fixed document actions position too high. [thuliper #2792]
- Bug fix: Scroll window to top when Less button is clicked. [voineali #2799]
- Change: Remove LinguaPlone and ATVocabularyManager dependencies. [voineali]
- Change: Make eea.faceted.tool optional. [voineali]
- Bug fix: Fixed export/import criteria ids. [voineali]
- Duplicate release 1.0r1
- Bug fix: This package should not be zip_safe. [voineali]
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size eea.facetednavigation-4.0-rc1.zip (259.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for eea.facetednavigation-4.0-rc1.zip