Wrapper for Products.ZSPARQLMethod
EEA Sparql is a plone product for fetching data from Linked open data servers (sparql endpoints).
It is simple to use, you only have to specify the sparql endpoint url and the sparql query. The results will be converted in an exhibit json, what can easily be reused (ex. by eea.daviz).
The main features are:
- create sparql queries
- create sparql bookmark folders, sparql queries are created automatically, and can be synchronized manually or automatically (with a cronjob). If a query is changed, a new version of the object is created, so older ones are not lost.
- results are downloadable in various formats: JSON, Exhibit JSON, HTML, XML, XML with Schema, CSV, TSV
To install eea.sparql into the global Python environment (or a workingenv), using a traditional Zope 2 instance, you can do this:
When you’re reading this you have probably already run easy_install eea.sparql. Find out how to install setuptools (and EasyInstall) here: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall
If you are using Zope 2.9 (not 2.10), get pythonproducts and install it via:python setup.py install --home /path/to/instance
into your Zope instance.
Create a file called eea.sparql-configure.zcml in the /path/to/instance/etc/package-includes directory. The file should only contain this:<include package="eea.sparql" />
Alternatively, if you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, you can do this:
Add eea.sparql to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:[buildout] eggs = eea.sparql
Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:[instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance zcml = eea.sparql
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:$ ./bin/buildout
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package’s configure.zcml file.
- Plone 4.x
The Initial Owner of the Original Code is European Environment Agency (EEA). All Rights Reserved.
The EEA Sparql (the Original Code) is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
More details under docs/License.txt
- Feature: Added Visualization data source provenance adapter for Sparql objects [voineali refs #5490]
- Bug fix: Updated converter for results containing exceptions [szabozo0 refs #5515]
- Change: Merged daviz-view.json and daviz-relateditems.json into one single json file called daviz.json [voineali refs #5449]
- Bug fix: Allow forcing Sparql column-types within daviz-view.json [voineali refs #5511]
- Bug fix: Fixed SPARQL bookmarks folder default view [szabozo0 #5512]
- Bug fix: don’t break bookmarks view page when endpoint doesn’t work [tiberich #5534]
- Feature: Show action “create visuallization” for anonymous. This makes it clear what functions are available and “call new users to action”. [demarant]
- Bug fix: existing visualisation of sparql are now shown even though the image tile is not available (valentine.imagescales). Use grid style for table. [demarant fixes #5458]
- Bug fix: fixed issue with column names json coversion when ending with ‘label’. Now it uses simile exhibit explicit type formatting. [demarant]
- Bug fix: Fixed columns order [szabozo0 refs #5137]
- Feature: Added shortcuts on sparql bookmarks for creating visualizations. [szabozo0 refs #5347]
- Bug fix: Fixed sparql bookmarks view [szabozo0 #5388]
- Bug fix: Fixed sparql table preview CSS when used as jQuery overlay [voineali]
- Bug Fix: Improved layout of sparql bookmarks folder. Focus on datasets. Do not show administrative actions for anonymous. Removed unnecessary code. Improved i18n and labels. [demarant refs #5151]
- Change: layout changes to the view page to focus on the dataset download, clarify formats and the linked data information. better labels and descriptions. [demarant fixes #5317]
- Bug Fix: Fixed i18n missing tags and duplicate keys in .pt files [prospchr refs #5162]
- Bug fix: fixed markup of HISTORY.txt file [ciobabog refs #5231]
- Feature: Add visualizations column on sparql folder listing view [voineali refs #5005]
- Bug fix: Include dependencies within zcml and profile metadata [voineali]
- Bug fix: Split @@sparql-download into multiple views (download.tsv, download.csv, etc) in order to easily cache and purge them with plone.app.caching [voineali #5074]
- Bug fix: Set default format to html on download view [szabozo0 #5089]
- Bug fix: Invalidate memcache and varnish for Sparql instances and related items [voineali #5074]
- Feature: Made timeout mandatory, and set default value to 10 seconds [szabozo0 #5079]
- Bug fix: Fixed synchronization problems for sparql bookmark folders [szabozo0 #5078]
- Bug fix: Remove comments from queries so sparql-query should not fail [szabozo0 #5073]
- Bug fix: Explicitly close connections with remote servers and serve files in small chuncks on sparql to JSON/XML export. [voineali #5073]
- Upgrade step: Manually remove apache quickfixes from frontend servers
- Change: Added default workflow mapping. [demarant #5002]
- Upgrade step: Within ZMI > Site setup > Import types. For workflow change if have old content to migrate: Plone > Types > change workflow: - Sparql -> one_state_workflow; - SparqlBookmarksFolder -> folder_workflow define the state mapping as you prefer.
- Upgrade step: Within “Plone > Site setup > Add-ons” click on upgrade button available for eea.sparql [voineali #4968]
- Feature: Added a table preview for sparql objects when used togheter with eea.relations and eea.facetednavigation [voineali #4968]
- Change: moved sparql.css in portal_css [szabozo0 #4968]
- Feature: added page for syncing all sparql bookmark folders [szabozo0 #5004]
- Change: added default icons for sparql and sparql bookmarks folder [demarant]
- Change: Improved table preview dissolve design and template headings [demarant]
- Bug fix: Fixed default view for sparql, so workflow dropdown is now displayed [szabozo0 #5002]
- Bug fix: Fixed format of column properties in exhibit json [szabozo0 #4992]
- Initial release [Zoltan Szabo]