Weather for Open Energy Efficiency Meter
EEweather — tools for matching to and fetching data from NCDC ISD, TMY3, or CZ2010 weather stations.
EEweather comes with a database of weather station metadata, ZCTA metadata, and GIS data that makes it easier to find the right weather station to use for a particular ZIP code or lat/long coordinate.
EEweather is a python package and can be installed with pip.
$ pip install eeweather
Supported Sources of Weather Data
- NCDC Integrated Surface Database (ISD)
- Global Summary of the Day (GSOD)
- NREL Typical Meteorological Year 3 (TMY3)
- California Energy Commission 1998-2009 Weather Normals (CZ2010)
- Match by ZIP code (ZCTA) or by lat/long coordinates
- Use user-supplied weather station mappings
- Match within climate zones
- IECC Climate Zones
- IECC Moisture Regimes
- Building America Climate Zones
- California Building Climate Zone Areas
- User-friendly SQLite database of metadata compiled from primary sources
- US Census Bureau (ZCTAs, county shapefiles)
- Building America climate zone county lists
- NOAA NCDC Integrated Surface Database Station History
- NREL TMY3 site
- Plot maps of outputs
$ pipenv --python 3.6.4 # create virtualenv with python 3.6.4 $ pipenv install --dev # install dev requirements with pipenv $ pipenv install -e . # install package in editable mode $ pipenv shell # activate pipenv virtual environment
$ make -C docs html
$ make -C docs livehtml
Check spelling in docs:
$ make -C docs spelling
Run tests on multiple python versions:
Upload to pypi (using twine):
$ python setup.py upload
Use with Docker
To use with docker-compose, use the following:
Run a tutorial notebook (copy link w/ token, open tutorial.ipynb):
$ docker-compose up jupyter
$ docker-compose up docs
Open a shell:
$ docker-compose run --rm shell
$ docker-compose run --rm test
Run the CLI:
$ docker-compose run --rm eeweather --help
Notice Regarding CZ2010 Data
There may be conditions placed on their international commercial use. They can be used within the U.S. or for non-commercial international activities without restriction. The non-U.S. data cannot be redistributed for commercial purposes. Re-distribution of these data by others must provide this same notification.
See further explanation here.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for eeweather-0.3.24-py2.py3-none-any.whl