QtWebKit based web browser
- Keyboard driven, security and privacy focused web browser build in PyQt4’s
- simple source code, focused on promoting auditing
- Isolation of instances for facebook, google, twitter; configurable for more sites
- Console logging of resources actually retrieved and cookies set or attempted
- hjkl, ^j, ^h, etc. keyboard navigation
First install PyQt4 for Python 3 by whatever means result more appropiate; using a pyvenv is recommended. Then do pip install eilat-web-browser. Pip will not install PyQt, but will install all the other dependencies.
Quick usage notes:
- facebook, twitter, google will be blacklisted unless they are the first URL visited on a tab (and then the tab will hold to that site only)
- ^t creates a new tab
- Ctrl+Space toggles the status bar
- g starts an in-page search; escape in the search frame closes it
Read README.md and the wiki (https://github.com/jsoffer/eilat/wiki) for lots of details - there’s a lot of non obvious functionality that requires a bit of reading, e.g. modal keys or navigating through isolated tabs
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.