Client for parsing the Associated Press's elections API
Get database-ready election results from the Associated Press Election API v2.0.
Elex is designed to be fast, friendly, and largely agnostic to stack/language/database choice. Basic usage is as simple as:
elex results 2016-03-01 > results.csv
Elex was developed by The New York Times and NPR and not in concert with the Associated Press. Though we plan on using Elex for the 2016 cycle, there is no guarantee that this software will work for you. If you’re thinking about using Elex, check out the license and contact the authors.
Elex projects and implementations
- NPR loader: A simple reference data loader for PostgreSQL.
New York Times
- New York Times Elex loader: A more sophisticated data loader for PostgreSQL.
- New York Times AP Deja Vu: A webservice to replay JSON captured during an election.
- New York Times Elex admin: An admin interface for Elex data loaded with the New York Times loader written in Flask.
- Introducing Elex, A Tool To Make Election Coverage Better For Everyone, Jeremy Bowers and David Eads, Source
- NPR and The New York Times teamed up to make election reporting faster, Benjamin Mullin, Poynter
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size elex-2.4.4.tar.gz (34.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|