This is a simple smartcard applet that sits in the system tray and shows whether a smartcard has been plugged in or not. Right click on the icon reveals the list of smart card readers attached to the machine and you can optionally have your screen locked when you remove the smart card. Main purpose of the applet is to simplify smartcard application debugging under Ubuntu, Debian and other Linux distributions.
- Event driven architecture, no naive polling
- Card reader add and remove
- Smartcard insertion, removing and hot reset
- Lock screen via DBus
- The applet is automatically launched via /etc/xdg/autostart
Simply issue following:
sudo pip install esteidtray
- Ubuntu hides tray icons, some sort of new API has to be used there
- Unlock screen, possibly not required because of already existing PAM modules
- Better debuggin capabilities, eg. is pcscd running?
- Use pykcs11 to read certificate and warn user if the certificate is about to expire
- Debianize the package and set it as dependency for estonianidcard at http://packages.koodur.com
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size esteidtray-0.3.tar.gz (8.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|