EvalML is an AutoML library that builds, optimizes, and evaluates machine learning pipelines using domain-specific objective functions.
EvalML is an AutoML library which builds, optimizes, and evaluates machine learning pipelines using domain-specific objective functions.
- Automation - Makes machine learning easier. Avoid training and tuning models by hand. Includes data quality checks, cross-validation and more.
- Data Checks - Catches and warns of problems with your data and problem setup before modeling.
- End-to-end - Constructs and optimizes pipelines that include state-of-the-art preprocessing, feature engineering, feature selection, and a variety of modeling techniques.
- Model Understanding - Provides tools to understand and introspect on models, to learn how they'll behave in your problem domain.
- Domain-specific - Includes repository of domain-specific objective functions and an interface to define your own.
Install from PyPI:
pip install evalml
or from the conda-forge channel on conda:
conda install -c conda-forge evalml
Update checker - Receive automatic notifications of new Woodwork releases
pip install "evalml[update_checker]"
conda install -c conda-forge alteryx-open-src-update-checker
Load and split example data
import evalml X, y = evalml.demos.load_breast_cancer() X_train, X_test, y_train, y_test = evalml.preprocessing.split_data(X, y, problem_type='binary')
from evalml.automl import AutoMLSearch automl = AutoMLSearch(X_train=X_train, y_train=y_train, problem_type='binary') automl.search()
View pipeline rankings
Get best pipeline and predict on new data
pipeline = automl.best_pipeline pipeline.predict(X_test)
Read more about EvalML on our documentation page:
- Installation and getting started.
- Tutorials on how to use EvalML.
- User guide which describes EvalML's features.
- Full API reference
The EvalML community is happy to provide support to users of EvalML. Project support can be found in four places depending on the type of question:
- For usage questions, use Stack Overflow with the
- For bugs, issues, or feature requests start a Github issue.
- For discussion regarding development on the core library, use Slack.
- For everything else, the core developers can be reached by email at email@example.com
Built at Alteryx
EvalML is an open source project built by Alteryx. To see the other open source projects we’re working on visit Alteryx Open Source. If building impactful data science pipelines is important to you or your business, please get in touch.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.