execnet: rapid multi-Python deployment
execnet provides carefully tested means to ad-hoc interact with Python interpreters across version, platform and network barriers. It provides a minimal and fast API targetting the following uses:
- distribute tasks to local or remote CPUs
- write and deploy hybrid multi-process applications
- write scripts to administer a bunch of exec environments
- zero-install bootstrapping: no remote installation required!
- flexible communication: send/receive as well as callback/queue mechanisms supported
- simple serialization of python builtin types (no pickling)
- grouped creation and robust termination of processes
- well tested between CPython 2.4-3.1, Jython 2.5.1 and PyPy 1.1 interpreters.
- fully interoperable between Windows and Unix-ish systems.