Automation of debris disk detection
Generates .csv files including data on the existence of various features of interest from the Digitized Sky Survey (DSS), 2-micron All Sky Survey (2MASS), and Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) image catalogs. The goal is to use the data to identify candidates that might have circumstellar debris disks.
This release (1.2.0) includes catalogs tycho_2mass_wise-XMATCH-POS.csv (full catalog), RandSample+1000.csv, RandSample+2000.csv, and tam_cat_sample.csv. Pre-downloaded images from tam_cat_sample.csv are available for your convenience in FITS/Tam/. All other catalogs must first have images downloaded to be useful.
Dependent on scikit-image (skimage), matplotlib, numpy, and astropy.
- Use dataAcq.py to retrieve the images for one of the provided catalogs in Catalogs/
- You can also use one of your own, provided the format remains the same: ra,dec (degrees)
- Data included for tam_cat_sample.csv catalog under FITS/TAM/
- Use dataGen.py to run analysis on the downloaded images and output the results to a new .csv
Command line: (in exoCode containing directory)
from exoCode import dataGen
New Graphical Interface
- run application
- select desired catalog
- follow prompts to gather data, flip through indices, display images
- can be run using $ ./GUI.sh in containing directory
- alternatively, use $ python GUI.py
Full Documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-QtbvASw43S03IHlEPk4qlstk8aNtAmu8uT2uNk6otY/edit?usp=sharing
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size exocode-1.2.02.tar.gz (30.1 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|