Patch for Plone. Don't raise errors for file contents with missing BLOB file
The BLOB support in Plone is amazing for a lot of reasons.
However, right now, Plone will raise errors when you visit a file content that use BLOB support, without having also the BLOB file.
I don’t know if this is good or not (I opened an issue related to this), but for developers this can be a little boring. It’s quite common to copy a production Data.fs for developing something using production data, but you don’t always want to copy all blobs.
This product monkey-patches some points inside Plone, so visiting objects that store content in blob-Fields (like ATFile/ATImage) without its BLOB available will not show any errors to visitors. Instead a file only containing the string “File created by experimental.gracefulblobmissing.” is created in the place where the blob-file should be.
This product also patches the SearchableText Archetypes method, so you can reindex you catalog without errors.
This product has been tested on:
- Plone 4.0
- Plone 4.1
- Plone 4.2
- Plone 4.3
- Plone 5.0
- Plone 5.1
- Plone 5.2
For Plone 3 compatiblity, look stay on version 0.3.0 or lower.
This is designed only for development/staging environment. Do not use in production if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing!
- Only patch plone.app.blob and Products.ATContentTypes if they are installed. This makes this package compatible with a Archetypes-free Plone. [gforcada]
- modify patch to not touch every file but only create file with a string in it when it is missing [pbauer]
- patch ZEO to create missing blob-files [pbauer]
- add logging-message when creating a missing blog-file [pbauer]
- fixed errors when reindexing SearchbleText index [keul]
- Added a patch for ZODB egg that Create the blob folder path and create (touch) an empty file for each blob file if it’s missing. [sneridagh]
- fixed dependency on collective.monkeypatcher >= 1.0 [keul]
- pached also getScale method, used by some atct views [keul]
- fixed dependencies [keul]
- direct access to files with missing blobs now redirect to the view with a warning [keul]
- initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size experimental.gracefulblobmissing-0.5.0.tar.gz (14.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for experimental.gracefulblobmissing-0.5.0.tar.gz