kdb+ interfacing library for Python
qPython is a Python library providing support for interprocess communication between Python and kdb+ processes, it offers:
- Synchronous and asynchronous queries
- Convenient asynchronous callbacks mechanism
- Support for kdb+ protocol and types: v3.0, v2.6, v<=2.5
- Uncompression of the IPC data stream
- Internal representation of data via numpy arrays (lists, complex types) and numpy data types (atoms)
- Supported on Python 2.7 and numpy 1.8
For more details please refer to the documentation.
To install qPython from PyPI:
$ pip install qpython
Please do not use old PyPI package name: exxeleron-qpython.
qPython documentation is generated with help of Sphinx document generator. In order to build the documentation, including the API docs, execute: make html from the doc directory.
Documentation is built into the: doc/build/html/ directory.
Compile Cython extensions
qPython utilizes Cython to tune performance critical parts of the code.
- Execute: python setup.py build_ext --inplace
Build binary distribution
- Execute: python setup.py bdist
qPython uses py.test as a test runner for unit tests.
- Make sure that top directory is included in the PYTHONPATH
- Execute: py.test
qPython requires numpy 1.8 to run.
Optional requirements have to be met to provide additional features:
- tune performance of critical parts of the code:
- Cython 0.20.1
- support serialization/deserialization of pandas.Series and pandas.DataFrame
- pandas 0.14.0
- run Twisted sample:
- Twisted 13.2.0
- build documentation via Sphinx:
- Sphinx 1.2.3
- mock 1.0.1
Required libraries can be installed using pip.
To install all the required dependencies, execute: pip install -r requirements.txt
Minimal set of required dependencies can be installed by executing: pip install -r requirements-minimal.txt
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size exxeleron-qPython-1.0.0.zip (75.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|