F.A.S.T. package for summarizing ROOT TTrees
Turns your trees into tables (ie. reads ROOT TTrees, writes summary Pandas DataFrames)
- Be controlled using YAML-based config files
- Define new variables
- Cut out events or define phase-space "regions"
- Produce histograms stored as CSV files using multiple weighting schemes
- Make use of user-defined stages to manipulate the data
- AlphaTwirl (presently): to run the dataset splitting
- Atuproot: to adapt AlphaTwirl to use uproot
- uproot: to load ROOT Trees into memory as numpy arrays
- fast-flow: to manage the processing config files
- fast-curator: to orchestrate the lists of datasets to be processed
- coffee: to help the developer(s) write code
Can be installed from pypi:
pip install --user fast-carpenter
or if you want to be able to edit code in this repo:
pip install --user -e git+https://gitlab.cern.ch/fast-hep/public/fast-carpenter.git#egg=fast_carpenter --src .
Note that to use this repository and the main
fast_carpenter command, you normally shouldn't need to be able to edit this codebase;
in most instances the full analysis should be describable with just a config file, and in some cases custom, analysis-specific stages to create more tricky variables for example.
Also note that if you install this with pip, the main executable,
fast_carpenter, will only be available everywhere if include the directory
~/.local/bin in your
- Build a description of the datasets you wish to process using the
fast_curatorcommand from the fast-curator package.
- Write a description of what you want to do with your data (see documentation below).
- Run things:
fast_carpenter datasets.yaml processing.yaml
You can use the built-in help as well for more info:
The processing config file
... is on its way...
...is also on its way...
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|fast_carpenter-0.5.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (17.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|fast-carpenter-0.5.2.tar.gz (13.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|