The handy Python web framework.
fiole.py is a WSGI micro-framework with the following development constraints:
- Single file, no external dependency
- Provide enough features to build a web application with minimal effort
- Embed a compact template engine
- Keep the module reasonably small
- Methods GET/HEAD/POST/PUT/DELETE
- Error handlers
- File uploads
- Static files
- Fast template engine
- Secure cookies
Disclaimer: this framework is intentionally limited. If you need a robust and scalable solution, look elsewhere.
from fiole import get, run_fiole @get('/') def index(request): return 'Hello World!' run_fiole()
See examples/ for more usages:
python fiole.py examples
Thank you to Daniel Lindsley (toastdriven) for itty, the itty-bitty web framework which helped me to kick-start the project.
Thank you to Andriy Kornatskyy (akorn) for his blazingly fast and elegant template library wheezy.template: it is the inspiration for the template engine of fiole.py.
The following projects were also a great source of ideas:
- Werkzeug (HTTPHeaders and EnvironHeaders datastructures)
- WebOb (parsing the Accept headers)
- Bottle (embedding a simple template engine)
- Jinja2 and Mako (common template engine syntax and features)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|fiole-0.4.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (17.6 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||3.4||Wheel||Jul 3, 2014|
|fiole-0.4.1.tar.gz (17.4 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jul 3, 2014|