Local site manager implementation for Zope 2
five.localsitemanager attempts to provide a local site manager implementation that is as close to Zope 3’s implementation as possible. Some reservations that do not conflict with Zope 3 have been made to ease the path with CMF.
- Zope 2.10.x or newer
Place a five.localsitemanager-configure.zcml file into your instance’s etc/package-includes directory with the following contents:
<include package="five.localsitemanager" />
Also setup a five.localsitemanager-overrides.zcml file into your instance’s etc/package-includes directory with the following contents:
<include package="five.localsitemanager" file="overrides.zcml" />
Running the Tests
Use the following command to run this package’s tests:
$ bin/zopectl test -s five.localsitemanager
1.1 - 2009-06-19
- Don’t prefer using __parent__ over using aq_parent() to find the parent when looking for a registry. This causes nasty acquisition infinite recursion because doing getattr(obj, ‘__parent__’) when obj supports implicit acquisition gives you back the parent acquisition-wrapped in the child. It’s not a problem until some parent doesn’t have a __parent__ pointer, at which point we end up trying to use aq_parent() and get into a loop. [optilude]
- Made zope.component 3.5 support official and adjusted tests.
1.0 - 2008-11-18
Utilities registered with an absolute path were returned with the RequestContainer in the aq_chain. As the result of the first utility look-up is stored in the adapter look-up cache, subsequent utility look-ups return the utlitiy with the RequestContainer of the first look-up.
Solution: For utilities registered with an absolute path the RequestContainer is now also removed at look-up. [icemac]
1.0c1 - 2008-08-27
Added buildout for project, so testing can be done using bin/test. [icemac]
Added ability to register utilities with an absolute path. These utilities are returned wrapped into their original context. This change is backward compatible to existing registries.
But registering utilities having an acquisition context will behave different because these utilities will be returned in their original context. To restore the previous behavior, register utilities unwrapped (aq_base).
For storing path information the component must implement getPhysicalPath and have an absolute path.
When a component registered as utility is moved and registered again the path stored in registry gets updated. [icemac]
0.4 - 2008-07-23
- Rewrite PersistentComponents.registeredUtilities to not use internal methods. This makes it compatible with both zope.component <3.5.0dev and >3.5.0dev. [wichert]
0.3 - 2007-12-24
- Fixed potential aq problem when assigning various values to the utilities registry of the component registry. [hannosch]
0.2 - 2007-06-30
- Refactored and fixed aq wrapping: Nested site managers now return utilities wrapped in the right context. RequestContainers are removed and wrapped utilities are cached. This requires a special LookupClass called ‘FiveVerifyingAdapterLookup’ in all ‘utilities’ registries used below a five.localsitemanager site. [yuppie, hannosch]
0.1.2 - 2007-06-23
- Corrected the zip-safe flag to be False.
0.1.1 - 2007-03-05
- Fixed aq wrapping when looking up a utility that is actually the component registry’s parent (the ISite).
- Initial version
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size five.localsitemanager-1.1.tar.gz (15.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for five.localsitemanager-1.1.tar.gz