A flake8 extension that helps to make more readable variables names
An extension for flake8 that helps to make more readable variables names.
We believe, that variable name should unmistakably shows, what it contains.
Thats why we try not to use varnames with only one symbol or not to use
too common names, such as
This extensions helps to detect such names. By default it works in
non-strict mode. You can change it with
parameter end extend variable names blacklist even more.
pip install flake8-variables-names
# test.py a = 1 foo = 2 result = a + foo
$ flake8 test.py test.py:1:1: VNE001 single letter variable names are not allowed test.py:2:1: VNE002 variable name should be clarified
Tested on Python 3.6 and flake8 3.5.0.
We would love you to contribute to our project. It's simple:
- Create an issue with bug you found or proposal you have. Wait for approve from maintainer.
- Create a pull request. Make sure all checks are green.
- Fix review comments if any.
- Be awesome.
Here are useful tips:
- You can run all checks and tests with
make check. Please do it before TravisCI does.
- We use BestDoctor python styleguide. Sorry, styleguide is available only in Russian for now.
- We respect Django CoC. Make soft, not bullshit.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for flake8_variables_names-0.0.2.tar.gz