Pytorch based library for robust prototyping, standardized benchmarking, and effortless experiment management
Welcome to Flambé, a PyTorch-based library that allows users to:
- Run complex experiments with multiple training and processing stages
- Search over hyperparameters, and select the best trials
- Run experiments remotely over many workers, including full AWS integration
- Easily share experiment configurations, results, and model weights with others
pip install flambe
git clone email@example.com:asappresearch/flambe.git cd flambe pip install .
Define an Experiment:
!Experiment name: sst-text-classification pipeline: # stage 0 - Load the Stanford Sentiment Treebank dataset and run preprocessing dataset: !SSTDataset transform: text: !TextField label: !LabelField # Stage 1 - Define a model model: !TextClassifier embedder: !Embedder embedding: !torch.Embedding # automatically use pytorch classes num_embeddings: !@ dataset.text.vocab_size embedding_dim: 300 embedding_dropout: 0.3 encoder: !PooledRNNEncoder input_size: 300 n_layers: !g [2, 3, 4] hidden_size: 128 rnn_type: sru dropout: 0.3 output_layer: !SoftmaxLayer input_size: !@ model[embedder][encoder].rnn.hidden_size output_size: !@ dataset.label.vocab_size # Stage 2 - Train the model on the dataset train: !Trainer dataset: !@ dataset model: !@ model train_sampler: !BaseSampler val_sampler: !BaseSampler loss_fn: !torch.NLLLoss metric_fn: !Accuracy optimizer: !torch.Adam params: !@ train[model].trainable_params max_steps: 10 iter_per_step: 100 # Stage 3 - Eval on the test set eval: !Evaluator dataset: !@ dataset model: !@ train.model metric_fn: !Accuracy eval_sampler: !BaseSampler # Define how to schedule variants schedulers: train: !ray.HyperBandScheduler
All objects in the pipeline are subclasses of Component, which are automatically registered to be used with YAML. Custom Component implementations must implement run to add custom behavior when being executed.
Now just execute:
Note that defining objects like model and dataset ahead of time is optional; it’s useful if you want to reference the same model architecture multiple times later in the pipeline.
Progress can be monitored via the Report Site (with full integration with Tensorboard).
- Native support for hyperparameter search: using search tags (see !g in the example) users can define multi variant pipelines. More advanced search algorithms will be available in a coming release!
- Remote and distributed experiments: users can submit Experiments to Clusters which will execute in a distributed way. Full AWS integration is supported.
- Visualize all your metrics and meaningful data using Tensorboard: log scalars, histograms, images, hparams and much more.
- Add custom code and objects to your pipelines: extend flambé functionality using our easy-to-use extensions mechanism.
- Modularity with hierarchical serialization: save different components from pipelines and load them safely anywhere.
Full documentation, tutorials and much more in https://flambe.ai
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size flambe-0.4.10-py3-none-any.whl (210.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size flambe-0.4.10.tar.gz (156.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|