A command line tool to backup local photos to Flickr
A command line tool to synchronise pictures from the local file system to Flickr
Python3 Wand A Flickr account
$ sudo apt install python3-wand $ sudo pip3 install flickrsync
Edit the configuration file
- configuration file is created during the pip installation
- location will be somewhere in your python library ../flickrsync/etc/config.ini
- add your Flickr username, API Key and API Secret
- edit your pictures directory as required
Authenticate the FlickrSync application with Flickr (see usage, below)
To see a list of commands $ flickrsync --help To authenticate FlickrSync with Flickr $ flickrsync --auth To perform a one way sync from the local file system to Flickr $ flickrsync --sync To perform a two way sync between the local file system to Flickr $ flickrsync --sync2 To create Flickr photosets based upon the local file system $ flickrsync --photosets
Duplicate copies of the same picture on the local file system are identified.
- Image hash signature of the picture is used
- only a single copy of the picture will be uploaded
Does not rely on the local pathname for identifying the picture.
- moving a picture to a different directory will not cause the picture to be uploaded again
A SQLite database is used to index local and Flickr pictures.
- destroying the database will not result in any pictures being uploaded again
- database is automatically recreated
Perform a two way sync between the local file system and Flickr.
Local <==> Flickr
- Creates an index of pictures on the local file system.
- Creates an index of pictures on Flickr.
- Identify duplicate pictures on local file system.
- Match local pictures to Flickr.
- Download and scan unmatched Flickr pictures.
- Upload unmatched local pictures to Flickr.
- Download pictures from Flickr that are missing on the local file system.
- Create Flickr photosets based upon the original filepath of the picture.
Local Flickr DateTimeOriginal Filename Signature DateTakenUnknown DateTaken Title Signature Match x x 0 x x yes x x yes
Note: x indicates a match betwen local and Flickr
Pictures will be matched by either:-
- picture file name + date picture was taken, or
- ImageMagick hash signature of picture
Each uploaded picture is tagged with its ImageMagick hash signature.
Pictures on Flickr have a datetaken, https://www.flickr.com/services/api/misc.dates.html.
If the Flickr datetaken is generated from the pictures Exif data, then Flickr will set the DateTakenUnknown to 0.
If it exists, the Exif DateTimeOriginal is extracted from each picture on the local file system.
The Flickr title is based upon the original filename of the uploaded picture.
File names are compared without the file extension. This is because Flickr does not always maintain the file extension during upload as it is dependent upon the upload client used.
A photoset is based upon a flattened directory path of each picture.
Photosets created by FlickrSync are identified as such by their photoset description.
- (re)creating the photosets could delete any photosets that are not being used
- only photosets previously created by FlickrSync are deleted
- FlickrSync does NOT require sudo to run.
- Pictures will not be deleted on either the local file system or Flickr.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size flickrsync-0.1.0rc2-py3-none-any.whl (19.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size flickrsync-0.1.0rc2.tar.gz (28.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for flickrsync-0.1.0rc2-py3-none-any.whl