Twitter portlet with multi search, filter, language filter functionality and number limiter
fourdigits.portlet.twitter is a twitter portlet for Plone. It contains some nice features such as:
- show tweets of a certain twitter user(name)
- search on multiple hastags or strings (e.g. show the tweets of #plone and #zope in one portlet)
- combine searched tweets and tweets based on username
- filter tweets on curse words
- configurable number of items to display based on the username
- configurable number of items to display based on the search(es)
- filter tweets by language (multiple supported, such as nl and en)
- user pictures from twitter
- user info from twitter
- multilanguage support
- twitter API version 1.1
Hope you like the product!
Heavily based on collective.twitterportlet and a modified version of python-twitter. Thanks guys!
- Install the product in the Add-ons control panel in Plone.
- Use the Twitter Portlet Settings control panel to setup caching and a point to a proxy server if wanted. Also, add several keys and secrets to be able to display tweets. To get those keys and secrets, you must register your website as an application on dev.twitter.com.
- Use the ‘Manage portlets’ link to add a Twitter portlet.
- Fixed html validation error in the footer [ronniestevens]
- Fixed mixed search with hashtags and username for working with API 1.1 [cekk]
- Nothing changed yet.
- Fixed reg-exs when there is an underscrore in the name [ralphjacobs].
- Fixed userPicture width and heigth so they don’t blow up the portlet [ralphjacobs].
- Move consumer key/secret and application token key/scret to control panel. [stevenlooman]
- Fix caching mechanism in twitter.py. [stevenlooman]
- Use PID instead of username for cache directory. [stevenlooman]
- Add upgrade step that simply applies all our import steps, since almost everything has changed. [maurits]
- Made twitter.py compatible with python24. [stevenlooman]
- keep portlet working on plone <4.1 [maartenkling]
- Removed client-side mechanism, as Twitter no longer support anonymous requests. [stevenlooman]
- Fix traceback when an existing fourdigits.portlet.twitter was upgraded. [stevenlooman]
- Nothing changed yet.
- Twitter client library (twitter.py) updated to 1.0, to use v1.1 of the Twitter API [ralphjacobs]
- Added proxy and timeout information to Twitter API [fabiosurrage]
- Added Control Panel to the Product (Thanks to Manabu TERADA - https://bitbucket.org/terapyon)
- Added cache for UserInfo and Tweets (Thanks to Manabu TERADA - https://bitbucket.org/terapyon)
- Updated translation to PT-BR [fabiosurrage]
- Updated Twitter portlet to use Twitter client 1.0 [stevenlooman]
- Fixed search for multiple terms. Now combine search terms [cekk]
- Added “from_user” argument in twitter library to allow combined search between userid and text [cekk]
- Added field in portlet config to allow combined search [cekk]
- Fixed translation message ids [cekk]
- Added italian translation [cekk]
- Return only first part of language in case of nl-nl, we only register nl.js files [kingel]
- Make sure old portlet assignments keep working [ralphjacobs]
- Added support for clientside rendering using the libs from http://tweet.seaofclouds.com/ You can turn this on in the portlet settings. (note: relative dates are in dutch only at the moment) [kingel]
- Fixed serverside caching by using a os.getpid() for generating tmp dir to avoid permission problems [ralphjacobs]
- Adding original permission for Site Administrator [terapyon]
- Adding test code for portlet base [terapyon]
- Fixed missing files in 0.9 package [sjoerdve]
- Fix invalid CSS [sjoerdve]
- Include alt text for twitter images [ralphjacobs]
- Made portlet backwards compatible with Plone 3 versions again [ralphjacobs]
- Added support for Plone 4.1 [sjoerdve]
- Fixed double name bug when tweets are searched [sjoerdve]
- Minor code cleanup [ralphjacobs]
- Added support for displaying twitter user profile info [ralphjacobs]
- Fixed caching bug, fixes ticket #4 [ralphjacobs]
- Based on new upstream python-twitter library 0.8.2 [ralphjacobs]
- Made implemetation compatible with new upstream library [ralphjacobs]
- Added multilanguage support [ralphjacobs] [rafahela]
- Added dutch translations [ralphjacobs]
- Added Portugese (Brazilian) translations [rafahela]
- Added classes to fields in template. [robgietema]
- Removed markup from python files [robgietema]
- Extended matching regext for auto-link URLs [ralphjacobs]
- Added support for retweets based on username [ralphjacobs]
- Fix release, refactored tweet results logic [martijn4d]
- Initial version, based on collective.twitter and python-twitter 0.7-devel for searching
- (Multi) Language support for twitter feeds
- Better text filter for curse words
- Multi search support
- User picture support