No project description provided
This is a tool for downloading free O’Reilly ebooks of different categories, see http://shop.oreilly.com/category/ebooks.do.
This is not using scrapy on purpose (partly to avoid a configuration fest) and is implemented in two phases:
- crawling O’Reilly online shop to compile a list of URLs for PDF files to download, and
- downloading all files from the list created in 1.
Step 1 is done sequentially (for now), while for step 2 you can choose between a sequential and a parallel version using ‘requests’ and ‘aiohttp’, respectively.
See the files session1.txt, session2.txt and session3.txt in the docs/sessions folder for some use-cases of varying sizes.
You can install freebora with a simple pip install freebora from the Python Package Index, or after cloning or downloading this code from GitHub and running python3 setup.py install in its root directory. At the moment it is intended to work only on Python 3.
You can run the (pretty small) test suite like this:
# using py.test (needs a pip install pytest): py.test -v tests # using a minified version of py.test, included in runtests.py: python3 setup.py test
Individual tests can be run like this:
py.test -s tests/test_oreilly_shop.py
- add an async version of the function to collect URLs (step 1 above)
- improve command-line interface
- add feature to download not only PDFs, but other formats, too
- add feature to interactively select individual ebooks to download
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|freebora-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (6.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||3.5||Dec 15, 2016|
|freebora-0.1.0.tar.gz (203.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Dec 15, 2016|