OpenStack Disaster Recovery
Freezer Disaster Recovery
freezer-dr, OpenStack Compute node High Available provides compute node high availability for OpenStack. Simply freezer-dr monitors all compute nodes running in a cloud deployment and if there is any failure in one of the compute nodes freezer-dr will fence this compute node then freezer-dr will try to evacuate all running instances on this compute node, finally freezer-dr will notify all users who have workload/instances running on this compute node as well as will notify the cloud administrators.
freezer-dr has a pluggable architecture so it can be used with:
- Any monitoring system to monitor the compute nodes (currently we support only native OpenStack services status)
- Any fencing driver (currently supports IPMI, libvirt, …)
- Any evacuation driver (currently supports evacuate api call, may be migrate ??)
- Any notification system (currently supports email based notifications, …)
just by adding a simple plugin and adjust the configuration file to use this plugin or in future a combination of plugins if required
freezer-dr should run in the control plane, however the architecture supports different scenarios. For running freezer-dr under high availability mode, it should run with active passive mode.
How it works
- freezer-dr Monitoring manager is going to load the required monitoring driver according to the configuration
- freezer-dr will query the monitoring system to check if it considers any compute nodes to be down ?
- if no, freezer-dr will exit displaying No failed nodes
- if yes, freezer-dr will call the fencing manager to fence the failed compute node
- Fencing manager will load the correct fencer according to the configuration
- once the compute node is fenced and is powered off now we will start the evacuation process
- freezer-dr will load the correct evacuation driver
- freezer-dr will evacuate all instances to another computes
- Once the evacuation process completed, freezer-dr will call the notification manager
- The notification manager will load the correct driver based on the configurations
- freezer-dr will start the notification process …
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size freezer_dr-8.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (54.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size freezer-dr-8.0.0.tar.gz (300.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for freezer_dr-8.0.0-py3-none-any.whl