A framework for rapid development of enterprise applications
frePPLe data admin
A django-based framework for rapid development of data management applications.
Spreadsheet are omnipresent in any company. When the process grows beyond the limits of Excel, you need a tool to manage your data in a more scalable, robust, secure and collaborative way.
FrePPLe data admin provides a framework for developing such data management applications with a low code, short learning curve approach.
Home page: https://frepple.org/
Live demo: https://demo.frepple.com/
Source code: https://github.com/frePPLe/frepple-data-admin
Rich data management capabilities:
- Intuitive edits in data grid
- Import data from spreadsheets
- Export data to spreadsheets
- Manage copies of your data in scenarios
- Audit log of all changes
- Leave comments
- Create attachments
- Follow objects and notify team members
- Modular structure with apps/plugins
- Customizable look and feel for the user interface
- Low learning curve
- Python code to declare the data model, menus, views...
Scalable and secure:
- Ready for cloud-scale deployments
- 100% open source proven software stack
Built on the shoulders of giants:
Uses Django, a very popular Python web application framework.
- ORM mapping between database and python code
- Migrations for evolve database schemas between releases
- Internationalization framework to support multi lingual applications
- Unit test framework
- Fixtures to provide sample data
- Large developer community providing many addons
Uses PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced open source relational database.
- A proven and reliable relational database backend
- Ample community support
History... and future
Data admin was developed by the https://frepple.com as a component in a demand forecasting, inventory planning and prodution planning application. This application has been in production use for many years at many customers now.
We strongly believe the data maintenance part of the application can be useful in a broader wide of applications. Hence our initiative to carve it out as a seperate open source project.
We are actively seeking feedback and contributions from souls interested in taking this project with us to the next level.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size frepple_data_admin-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl (175.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size frepple-data-admin-1.0.0.tar.gz (144.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for frepple_data_admin-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl