Produce books with Plone and export them in a high quality PDF.
This package provides content types for creating a book which can be exported as PDF.
- Provides a content type “Book” which defines the root of a book.
- Provides a content type “Chapter” for creating the structure of a book. Chapters are nestable.
- Content is added to chapters using simplelayout blocks.
- Provides an action for exporting the book or a single chapter recursively as PDF.
- Provides LaTeX representations for the default simplelayout blocks.
- Adds fields for injecting LaTeX code to every content type within a book using schemaextender.
- Provides a “Reader” view which displays the book on one page for a enjoyable reading experience.
- Provides simplalayout “Table” block for enter tabular data using a datagrid widget which generates HTML table representation which also convertable into a PDF.
- Add ftw.book to your buildout configuration:
[instance] eggs += ftw.book
- Install the generic import profile.
- Install a LaTeX distribution, see ftw.pdfgenerator install instructions.
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.book is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.
- Fix floating problem with full width images in paragraph blocks. [jone]
- Chapter: define schema explicitly. [jone]
- Fix issue with LinguaPlone: Imports from Products.LinguaPlone instead of Products.Archetypes. [treinhard]
- Support for LinguaPlone. [treinhard]
- Higlighting: include soulutf8 LaTeX package and move conversion to seperate subconverter for including the packages lazily. [jone]
- Table: fix enitity handling in table generator. [jone]
- Paragraph: validate table widths and show a viewlet to editors with a hint that the table widths should be defined. [jone]
- LaTeX: use soulutf8 instead of soul package for allowing utf8 characters in highlighted text. [jone]
- Within books HTML <h?> tags should not be converted to LaTeX headers. We use chapters and block titles for building the book structure. This fixes inconsistency between plone view heading numbering and LaTeX’s numbering. [jone]
- Fix latexinjection extender - use IWithinBookLayer. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Fix LaTeX markup of Remark. [jone]
- Refactor image handling. [jone]
- Table LaTeX view: fix footnote LaTeX conversion. [jone]
- Optimized Table-layout so that it is more like plone default. [eschmutz]
- Fix condition in paragraph latex view (blob storage). [mathias.leimgruber]
- Switch Book metadata fields to AttributeStorage. [jone]
- Add new content-type: Table [eschmutz]
- Add new content-type: Remark. Used to add comments in a chapter of a book [eschmutz]
- Added a alternative default book view based on ftw.tabbedview [mathias.leimgruber]
- Added ftw.tabbedview based overview. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Fix view_methods of Book FTI (should include default view). [jone]
- Fix heading counters: count objects where the user has no View permission. [jone]
- Reset heading counters for getting consistent heading numbers on partical exports. #6 [jone]
- Use term “Version” instead of “Release” in default book layout. #5 [jone]
- Added simplelayout-block-wrapper to chapter view (Simplelayout issue). [mathias.leimgruber]
- Add HTML Block content type. [jone]
- Add upgrade step for setting default book layout. [jone]
- Default layout: add logo and logo-width fields. [jone]
- Look for css class ‘bookReaderLastElement’ when trying to determine the last element for reader height calculation. [buchi]
- Set Content-Type header for JSON responses to ‘application/json’ to prevent theming. [buchi]
- Compatibility with new simplelayout version on plone4 branch. [jone]
- Implement a seperate class for chapters. There is a migration step for migrating existing chapters. [jone]
- Fix edit icon for chapters. [jone]
- Remove pagestyle field: pagestyle is not support by the new layout. [jone]
- Use schema extender for enabling default-layout specific fields. Move default layout to seperate module. [jone]
- Implement support for multiple layouts, selectable in the book. [jone]
- Re-add converting visualHighlight to new ftw.pdfgenerator implementation. [jone]
- Add “PDF” action to folder_contents on book and chapter types. This allows do export only the selected chapters. [jone]
- Use export_pdf view instead of as_pdf since it was changed in ftw.pdfgenerator. [jone]
- Image block PDF representation: use description as caption and use no caption if description is empty. [jone]
- Add fields release, author and author address to book, used in latex layout. [jone]
- Add missing fncychap.sty to default layout (required by sphinx layout). [jone]
- Fix a bug which made the pdflatex process hanging when an image had no valid layout defined. Defaulting to 100% width fixes the issue. [jone]
- Replace plonegov.pdflatex with ftw.pdfgenerator. [jone]
- Fix schema extender problem with schema extender. [jone]
- Added Bookview which displays the table of contents of the book [ttschanz]
- Fix bug where PDF rendering failed: Remove uncessary / wrong acqusition wrapper check. [jone]
- Use TOC-prefixes for displaying headers within a book. Display headers within a book in the right size. [eschmutz]
- Add a IWithinBookLayer request layer. [jone]
- Implemented a navigation portlet on book level, which does not display parents for narrowing into the context. An additional back-to-parent portlet provides a link to the parent. [ttschanz]
- Readerview: fix strange brain comparing problem by building the toc numbers in a different way. [jone]
- Implemented new reader view displaying the whole book with AJAX lazy loading. [jone]
- Code cleanup and tests improvement. [jone]
- Added LaTeX code injection support for admin users. Allows to inject LaTeX code before and after every object within a book. [jbaumann]
- Added custom html2latex rule for rendering <span class=”vislualHighlight”> [jbaumann]
- Added Icons / fix setup.py / egg structure. [mathias.leimgruber]
- LaTeX options (toc, loi, lot, …), links and images in latex. [jinfanger]
- Implemented support for title page, table of contents and other listings. [jinfanger]
- Added action for rendering a book or a chapter as PDF. [jinfanger]
- Implementation of basic features.