Shows a global message on every site.
With ftw.globalstatusmessage a Plone site administrator display messages on all pages.
This is useful for inform the users about an upcoming maintance downtime or any other important thing.
The message can be changed in the plone control panel:
With the Exclude sites option it is possible to show the global status message only for certain sub sites. All containers providing the interface INavigationRoot are considered sub sites. Make sure that the object_provides catalog index is up to date after enabling the interface for a container.
When having nested sub sites, the nearest parent sub site relative to the current context is relevant. If the nearest sub site is not excluded but a parent is excluded, the message is shown on the current context.
- Add ftw.globalstatusmessage to your buildout configuration:
[instance] eggs += ftw.globalstatusmessage
- Install the generic import profile.
This package provides an uninstall Generic Setup profile. Uninstall the package by using Plone’s addon controlpanel or portal_quickInstaller.
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.globalstatusmessage is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.
- Add option to exclude subsites from displaying the status message. [jone]
- Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish translations were updated. [hvelarde]
- Configlet was migrated to plone.app.registry (closes #13). [hvelarde]
- Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish translations were added. [hvelarde]
- Implement uninstall profile. [jone]
- Remove no longer used utility. [jone]
- Protect statusmessage viewlet with browserlayer. The viewlet should not be rendered when the package is not installed. [jone]
- Replace old PloneTestCase tests with p.a.testing tests. [jone]
- Remove z3c.autoinclude includeDependencies, no longer required. [jone]
- Use own permission to manage globalstatusmessages. [Julian Infanger]
- Drop Plone 4.0 support. [jone]
- Make Plone 4.1.x compatible. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Prepare for public release. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Fix egg structure / added readme [mathias.leimgruber]
- Initial release [ttschanz]