Buildout recipe for finding new package versions.
The ftw.recipe.checkversions buildout recipe helps you finding newer versions of your dependency packages. It does this based on your version pinnings (buildout config file) by checking the current releases of each package on pypi.
[buildout] parts = checkversions [checkversions] recipe = ftw.recipe.checkversions versions = versions.cfg blacklists = http://dist.plone.org/release/4-latest/versions.cfg https://raw.github.com/4teamwork/ftw-buildouts/master/test-versions.cfg blacklist-packages = zope.interface
- A file path or URL to a buildout config file containing version pinnings. The list of packages and the current pinnings are retreived from this file from the [versions] section.
- A list of file paths and / or URLs of buildout configuration files containing version pinnings of packages to be ignored. All packages in the [versions] section are ignored, regardless of their pinning.
- List package names to be blacklisted.
- Custom pypi index URL, e.g. http://custom.pypi/simple
After installing the recipe using buildout simply run the bin/checkversions script. The script prints out new versions of packages which are not listed in a blacklist. Packages which are already up to date are not listed at all.
- z3c.checkversions does a similar job, but it does some things differently, such as the blacklisting strategy.
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.recipe.checkversions is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.
- Add “index” option, so that pypi mirrors can be used. [jone]
- Fix typo in readme in example, thanks @mauritsvanrees for reporting. [jone]
- Initial implementation. [jone]