A zc.buildout recipe to install a Solr server
This recipe installs a Solr server with buildout.
It’s kept as simple as possible and contrary to collective.recipe.solrinstance it does not generate any Solr configuration files. Instead the user can provide a directory containing custom configuration files. A default set of configuration files for usage with Plone is provided.
You can use it by adding a part like this:
[buildout] parts = solr [solr] recipe = ftw.recipe.solr cores = core1
The recipe supports the following options:
- Name or IP address of the Solr server. Defaults to localhost.
- Server port. Defaults to 8983.
- List of cores that should be created.
- Url for Solr distribution download.
- MD5 checksum of Solr distribution.
- Can be used to configure JVM options. Defaults to -Xms512m -Xmx512m -Xss256k
- Path to a directory containing Solr configuration files.
- If provided, the path given in conf is prepended with the path of the given egg.
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.recipe.solr is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2. Changelog =========
- Respect SOLR environment variables set outside of the startup script [jone].
- Update Log4J configuration: Replace log4j.properties with log4j2.xml. Requires Solr 7.4.0 or later. [buchi]
- Update default URL and solrconfig.xml to version 8.1.1. [buchi]
- Add sortable_title and path_depth fields to provided schema. [buchi]
- Add ICUNormalizer2CharFilterFactory char filter in provided schema. This fixes handling of decomposed unicode (aka NFD, NFKD). [buchi]
- Replace shell process by Solr process when starting in foreground. [buchi]
- Only chmod startup script to executable if it’s not already executable. [buchi]
- Update default download url to version 7.3.1. [buchi]
- Add missing Plone default fields to provided schema. [buchi]
- Add option to provide the Solr conf relative to an egg. [buchi]
- Initial release. [buchi]