No project description provided
ftw.subsite provides a Subsite content type for embedding another website within a Plone site. It does this by defining it as navigation root.
For ftw.subsite >= 2.6.0, ImageMagick is required.
Additional functionality provided by ftw.subsite
It is possible to define a language on a subsite content, which overrides the default behavior of how Plone deals with languages (PloneLanguageTool). If you define a language on a subsite all content on and in the subsite will be delivered in the chosen language. This functionality is not related to the product LinguaPlone.
Make sure you have all languages activated you want, for example:
environment-vars = PTS_LANGUAGES de en fr zope_i18n_allowed_languages de en fr
ftw.subsite has its own language switch viewlet which is based on the Subsite configuration. You can connect two or more subsites with different languages together by referencing each other with the custom reference field on the Subsite.
The global language attribute is set according to the subsite language. This overrides the plone negotiator. So if you set a language on a document in a susbite and enable content language negotiator, it will have no effect at all. A document in a plone site will still work as expected.
Custom CSS for a Subsite
Custom Logo for a Subsite. The logo is registered with a different name subsite.logo. The setup of ftw.subsite hides the default plone logo. You can change this afterwards if you like.
ftw.subsite is compatible with Plone 5.1 and 4.3.
Support for Plone 4.2 has been dropped with the release of ftw.subsite 2.0.0.
Plone 4.1 support has been dropped due to Plonebugs which interfere with our test setup which were fixed in Plone 4.2. The last Version of ftw.subsite to support Plone 4.1 is 1.3.0.
Plone 4.3 Dexterity Migration
With ftw.subsite 2.x only the AT based Subsite content is replaced with a Dexterity based Subsite content + ftw.simplelayout default page. Thus the Subsite portlet column, column renderer and the teaser portlet are no longer used and will be removed with ftw.subsite 2.1.0. The ftw.subsite release 2.0.x will provide a inplace migration. Be aware only static text portlets and subsite teaser portlets will be migrated. You need to provide your own migration for other portlets. The subsite_view will be available in ftw.subsite 2.0.x and removed in 2.1.x.
The Archetypes to Dexterity migration has been rewritten in 2.1.1 and uses the inplace migrator introduced in ftw.upgrade 2.0.0. The existing upgrade step has been rewritten in order to run only when not yet migrated. The migrator is configured to not migrate fields which we had on AT but no longer on DX. Instead, those values are backed up in the annotations of the new subsite. For projects which add behaviors to the subsite for those old fields, the values can be gotten from the annotations and re-set after applying the behavior. This is the responsibility of the integration project.
Note about dependency versions on Plone 4.3:
Please make sure you are using suitable versions of plone.app.contenttypes and plone.app.event.
Currently it’s recommend to use:
- plone.app.contenttypes 1.1b5: This is the latest 1.x release. 1.2.x is for Plone 5 and does not work.
- plone.app.event: 1.1.x supports Plone 4.3. Newer releases will require plone.app.widget, which also tries to install Plone 5.
- Add ftw.subsite to your buildout configuration:
[instance] eggs += ftw.subsite
- Install the generic import profile.
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.subsite is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.
- Remove obsolete behaviour in Plone 5 [Nachtalb]
- Remove plone.formwidget.contenttree dependency - which has been unnecessary since 2.4.0. [djowett-ftw]
- IResourceRegistry does not exist in plone4. Add condition to “Update bundle registration” upgrade step. [2e12]
- Fix plone 4 / 5 language selector [Nachtalb]
- Add ftw.subsite portal_type translation to plone domain. [tinagerber]
- Fix registry.xml of 20191216175123 upgrade step - second try :-( [mathias.leimgruber]
- Fix registry.xml of 20191216175123 upgrade step [mathias.leimgruber]
- Fix test failure by using multiple file instances. [busykoala]
- Change resources setup precompiling them. [busykoala]
- Unhide logo viewlet. [busykoala]
- Add ImageMagic dependency comment to readme. [busykoala]
- Change mailer encoding from win cp-1252 to utf-8 and refactor mailer. [busykoala]
- Rename ressources directory to resources. [busykoala]
- Remove teaserportlet and column/-renderer. [busykoala]
2.:5 6.0 (2019-06-26) ——————
- Use ftw.logo for subsite logo and remove previous viewlet [busykoala]
- Add support for Plone 5.1. [mbaechtold]
- Make compatible with ftw.theming 2.0.0. [Kevin Bieri]
- Remove dependency on ftw.testing[splinter] (has been dropped in ftw.testing). [lgraf]
- Make Subsite addable on plone site per default [raphael-s]
- Make subsitelogoviewlet and the fallback logo more robust. [raphael-s]
- Make subsitelogoviewlet only search for a subsite logo when the navigation root actually is a subsite. [raphael-s]
- Prevent mobile customizations from loading when ftw.mobile is not installed. [raphael-s]
- Add ftw.referencewidget and use it instead of plone.formwidget.contenttree. [tschanzt]
- Hide the title of the subsite with CSS. [mbaechtold]
- Fix actionmenu selectors to support structors without definition lists. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Reimplement AT=>DX migration with inplace migrator introduced in ftw.upgrade 2.0.0. [jone]
- Make ftw.subsite.Subsite linkable in TinyMCE. [raphael-s]
- Remove “@@” from simplelayout-view because it is not needed. [raphael-s]
- Lawgiver: change default action group to for adding subsites to “add subsites”. [jone]
- Use renamed dependency from ftw.mobile. [Kevin Bieri]
- Fix dependency-error if ftw.subsite is installed with ftw.theming but without ftw.mobile. Only loads mobilenavigation-specific scss if ftw.mobile and ftw.theming are installed. [elioschmutz]
- Implement ftw.mobile button for subsite languages. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Remove invalid aria attributes from section and header tag in languageselector. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Add german translations for “contact-info” view. [raphael-s]
- Make languageselector accessible. [Kevin Bieri]
- Set global lang attribute according to the subsite language. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Use browser layer for all viewlets in this package. [mbaechtold]
- Replace miss-used definition list markup by section/header markup in languageselector. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Prevent traversing to a not accessible navigation root in banner and css viewlet. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Make current language and list of possible languages accessable thru browserview. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Add ftw.theming expression to subsite.css. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Remove ISubsiteLayer from subsite.logo viewlet. This allows us to register a more specific subsite.logo viewlet. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Add ftw.theming integration scss (Currently only a Icon). [mathias.leimgruber]
- Implement Dexterity based subsite content. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Add ftw.publisher support for teaser portlet. [jone]
- Fix teaserportlet migration 1001, which did not consistently migrate. [jone]
- Fix UnicodeDecodeError while setting a title attr with umlauts. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Use getattr for getting the new alt text for teaser images to prevent us from writing a expensive upgrade step. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Implement alt (required for accessibility) text for teaser images. [kevin.bieri]
- Add missing rolemap.xml (Add permission for Manager/Contributor). [mathias.leimgruber]
- Set a caching header for teaser portlet images. [deif]
- Drop Plone.4.1 compatibility due to Plone-bugs which interfere with our testsetup and were only fixed in 4.2 (see: https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/pull/49) [tschanzt]
- Fix Subsitelogoviewlet when the context are portal tools. [tschanzt]
- Fix display issue with FileChunk instances after upgrading Plone from 4.2.x to Plone 4.3.2. Reported in https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.subsite/issues/39 [mathias.leimgruber]
- Added browserview returning available languages. [Julian Infanger]
- Refactor the language selector to be a “actionMenu” instead of a linklist and show the language selector on the site root too, when subsites are configured to show the site root as language. [jone]
- Fixed problem if the subsite logo is deleted. [Julian Infanger]
- Hide banner viewlet from folder_contents when root_only option enabled. [jone]
- Add checkbox for showing Plone Site in language switcher. [jone]
- Added css-class to subsite logo. [Julian Infanger]
- Use native languagename for languageswitcher. [tschanzt]
- Use SitemapQueryBuilder not NavtreeQueryBuilder for sitemap customization. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Fix performance issue while rendering the teaser portlet. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Make sitemap work relative to a subsite and plone root. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Set input/output mime type of the addition_css text area to text/plain. Also return the addional_css as structured text. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Use logo image scale for logo instead of mini. [Julian Infanger]
- Updated translations for teaser portlet. [Julian Infanger]
- Move subsite css viewlet into plone.portaltop manager. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Use plone default reference widget to make references between subsites (lanaguage selector). [mathias.leimgruber]
- Find banner images recursively. [mathias.leimgruber]
- inital release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size ftw.subsite-2.7.8.tar.gz (56.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|