ftw.subsite provides a Subsite content type for embedding another website within a Plone site. It does this by defining it as navigation root.
Additional functionality provided by ftw.subsite
It is possible to define a language on a subsite content, which overrides the default behavior of how Plone deals with languages (PloneLanguageTool). If you define a language on a subsite all content on and in the subsite will be delivered in the chosen language. This functionality is not related to the product LinguaPlone.
Make sure you have all languages activated you want, for example:
environment-vars = PTS_LANGUAGES de en fr zope_i18n_allowed_languages de en fr
ftw.subsite has its own language switch viewlet which is based on the Subsite configuration. You can connect two or more subsites with different languages together by referencing each other with the custom reference field on the Subsite.
Custom CSS for a Subsite
Custom Logo for a Subsite. The logo is registered with a different name subsite.logo. The setup of ftw.subsite hides the default plone logo. You can change this afterwards if you like.
Plone 4.1 support has been dropped due to Plonebugs which interfere with our testsetup which were fixed in Plone 4.2.
Last Version of ftw.subsite to support Plone 4.1 is 1.3.0.
- Add ftw.subsite to your buildout configuration:
[instance] eggs += ftw.subsite
- Install the generic import profile.
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.subsite is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.
- Drop Plone.4.1 compatibility due to Plone-bugs which interfere with our testsetup and were only fixed in 4.2 (see: https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/pull/49) [tschanzt]
- Fix Subsitelogoviewlet when the context are portal tools. [tschanzt]
- Fix display issue with FileChunk instances after upgrading Plone from 4.2.x to Plone 4.3.2. Reported in https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.subsite/issues/39 [mathias.leimgruber]
- Added browserview returning available languages. [Julian Infanger]
- Refactor the language selector to be a “actionMenu” instead of a linklist and show the language selector on the site root too, when subsites are configured to show the site root as language. [jone]
- Fixed problem if the subsite logo is deleted. [Julian Infanger]
- Hide banner viewlet from folder_contents when root_only option enabled. [jone]
- Add checkbox for showing Plone Site in language switcher. [jone]
- Added css-class to subsite logo. [Julian Infanger]
- Use native languagename for languageswitcher. [tschanzt]
- Use SitemapQueryBuilder not NavtreeQueryBuilder for sitemap customization. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Fix performance issue while rendering the teaser portlet. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Make sitemap work relative to a subsite and plone root. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Set input/output mime type of the addition_css text area to text/plain. Also return the addional_css as structured text. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Use logo image scale for logo instead of mini. [Julian Infanger]
- Updated translations for teaser portlet. [Julian Infanger]
- Move subsite css viewlet into plone.portaltop manager. [mathias.leimgruber]
- Use plone default reference widget to make references between subsites (lanaguage selector). [mathias.leimgruber]
- Find banner images recursively. [mathias.leimgruber]
- inital release