Functional and load web tester.
FunkLoad is a functional and load web tester, written in Python, whose main use cases are:
- Functional testing of web projects, and thus regression testing as well.
- Performance testing: by loading the web application and monitoring your servers it helps you to pinpoint bottlenecks, giving a detailed report of performance measurement.
- Load testing tool to expose bugs that do not surface in cursory testing, like volume testing or longevity testing.
- Stress testing tool to overwhelm the web application resources and test the application recoverability.
- Writing web agents by scripting any web repetitive task, like checking if a site is alive.
Main FunkLoad features are:
- FunkLoad is free software distributed under the GNU GPL.
- Functional test are pure Python scripts using the pyUnit framework like normal unit test. Python enable complex scenarios to handle real world applications.
- Truly emulates a web browser (single-threaded) using Richard Jones’
- basic authentication support
- cookies support
- referrer support
- http proxy support
- emulating a browser cache
- file upload and multipart/form-data submission
- https support
- Advanced test runner with many command-line options:
- set the target server url
- display the fetched page in real time in your browser
- debug mode
- green/red color mode
- select test case using a regex
- support normal pyUnit test
- support doctest from a plain text file or embedded in python docstring
- Turn a functional test into a load test: just by invoking the bench runner you can identify scalability and performance problems.
- Detailed bench reports in ReST or HTML (and PDF via ps2pdf)
- the bench configuration
- tests, pages, requests stats and charts with percentiles.
- the 5 slowest requests.
- servers cpu usage, load average, memory/swap usage and network traffic charts.
- an http error summary list
- Easy test customization using a configuration file or command line options.
- Easy test creation using TCPWatch as proxy recorder, so you can use your web browser and produce a FunkLoad test automatically.
- Provides web assertion helpers.
- Provides a funkload.CPSTestCase to ease Zope and Nuxeo CPS testing.
- Easy to install (EasyInstall) and use, see examples in the demo folder.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|funkload-1.7.0-py2.4.egg (209.2 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4|
|funkload-1.7.0-py2.5.egg (206.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.5|
|funkload-1.7.0.tar.gz (101.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|