Async server micro-framework for control freaks
Gaidaros is an async socket server framework which has been designed for network developers, with an emphasis on easy low-level configurability and speed, with sane standard defaults. This means it can be quickly reused and adapted to each new project’s requirements, while keeping features out of the way unless requested.
Its first iteration is presently in alpha phase (e.g. edge-triggered epoll only), but has a clear list of development milestones ahead. See the TODO.txt file for details.
Gaidaros (Γάιδαρος) is Greek for donkey. I like donkeys. This framework doesn’t try to implement every trendy feature under the sun, it just tries to do all the basics accurately and reliably - like a donkey. So, that’s the naming rationale issue out of the way…
- Minimalism (priority on leanness, speed, configurability and base completeness rather than added features)
- Thin wrapper to underlying async socket mechanisms
- Everything configurable by config-files and passed arguments
- Pass in handlers by name, (module, class) or as pre-created functions, methods or code objects
- TODO: Multiple server processors can be run on the polling socket using multiprocessing (or a pool thereof)
- TODO: Handlers can be run in threads, greenthreads, multiprocesses, and pools of any of those three
- TODO: Handlers can be run on a cluster using parallel processing (“pp”/”pyparallel”). Cluster nodes can in turn use threads, greenthreads, multiprocesses, or pools thereof too
- IPv4 and/or IPv6, TODO: SSL, etc
- TCP, TODO: UDP, unixsocket, etc
- TODO: Can be used with various frontends (e.g. Tornado)
$ pip install gaidaros
To install Gaidaros using pip you must make sure you have a recent version of distribute installed
$ curl -O http://python-distribute.org/distribute_setup.py $ sudo python distribute_setup.py $ easy_install pip
$ git clone https://github.com/rowanthorpe/gaidaros.git $ cd gaidaros && pip install -r requirements.txt
From latest released tarball
$ wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/rowanthorpe/gaidaros/tarball/0.2.4
Gaidaros uses the MIT license, check LICENSE file.
- Just Rowan, so far…
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size gaidaros-0.2.4.tar.gz (11.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|