Google Analytics V4 API Compatibility Library
# Google Analytics Reporting V4 Compatibility Library
A library for converting Google Analytics Core Reporting API V3 request to Analytics Reporting API V4 requests.
$ pip install –upgrade gav4
## Typical usage example
There are two methods of using the gav4 library. You can apply the library to an authorized Google Analytics Service object, which exposes a get method that operates much like the current Core Reporting API V3.
# Apply the gav4 get method to the authorized service object. gav4.apply_gav4(analytics)
# Call the gav4_get method with a V3 request and get a V3 response. v3_response = analytics.gav4_get(v3_request).execute()
Alternatively you can convert the requests and responses directly.
# Convert a V3 request into a V4 request. v4_request = gav4.convert_request(v3_request)
# Call the V4 API. v4_response = analytics.reports().batchGet(body=v4_request).execute()
# Convert the V4 API response into a V3 response. v3_response = gav4.convert_report(v4_response.get(‘reports’, ))
Run the tests with the following command:
python setup.py tests
This may require you to install the nose library – pip install nose.
- Please sign one of the contributor license agreements below.
- Fork the repository, develop and test your code changes, add docs.
- Make sure that your commit messages clearly describe the changes.
- Send a pull request.
### Contributor License Agreements
Before we can accept your pull requests you’ll need to sign a Contributor License Agreement (CLA):
- If you are an individual writing original source code and you own the intellectual property, then you’ll need to sign an [individual CLA](https://developers.google.com/open-source/cla/individual).
- If you work for a company that wants to allow you to contribute your work, then you’ll need to sign a [corporate CLA](https://developers.google.com/open-source/cla/corporate).
You can sign these electronically (just scroll to the bottom). After that, we’ll be able to accept your pull requests.
### Code reviews All submissions, including submissions by project members, require review. We use Github pull requests for this purpose.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size gav4-0.1.0.tar.gz (7.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|