Easy pasting of CSV files to Google Sheets.
Manages .csv files and uploads or pastes them to Google Sheets.
With Python installed, and in a command window, enter: pip install gcsv
Use the following code example as a guide, replacing the following dummy strings with relevant information.
- my_csv_path: the path to your CSV (e.g C:\reports\mycsv.csv)
- my_spreadsheet_id: the ID (or “key”) of a spreadsheet; can be found in the spreadsheet URL after /d/ but before /edit
- my_worksheet_gid: the worksheet (or “tab”) name of the paste destination
- start_row: the starting row of the paste destination
- start_col: the starting column of the paste destination
import gcsv csv = gcsv.GCSV(r'my_csv_path') csv.paste_to('my_spreadsheet_id', my_worksheet_gid, start_row, start_col)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.