A modern, browser-based frontend to gdb (gnu debugger). Add breakpoints, view stack traces, and more in C, C++, Go, and Rust! Simply run gdbgui from the terminal and a new tab will open in your browser.
pip install gdbgui --upgrade
A new tab in your browser will open with gdbgui in it.
To immediately set the inferior binary and arguments and have them load when the page is loaded
gdbgui --cmd '/path/to/binary -arg myaarg -flag'
gdbgui -h displays command line options, such as changing the port or host ip. For any other questions feel free to email me or create an issue in github.
gdbgui has been tested to work in these environments. It may work in other environments as well.
Python versions: 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, pypy
Operating systems: Ubuntu 16.04
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Ubuntu Web Browser
Contributions and bug fixes are welcome!
gdbgui was designed to be easily hackable and extendable. There is no build system necessary to run or develop this app.
There are three parts to gdb:
- gdbgui.jade: HTML file that defines the frontend (Note: Jade/Pug is a more concise form of html. Also note: jade has been renamed to pug, but the Python pypi package still maintains the jade name. See demo here.)
- backend.py: The backend consists of a single Python file, which makes use of pygdbmi to interact with a gdb subprocess, and Flask to set up url routing and responses.
To get started with development, set up a new virtual environment, then run
git clone https://github.com/cs01/gdbgui cd gdbgui pip install -r gdbgui/requirements.txt python -m gdbgui/backend.py --debug
python setup.py test runs unit tests located in gdbgui/tests/test_app.py. Add new tests there as necessary.
- Hover over a variable in source code to see its value
- Embed plotting tools to plot a variable’s value over time
- Assign values to variables / memory addresses
- Embed a binary/decimal/hex calculator
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.