Python package wrapping the Gerrit command line API
Python package wrapping the Gerrit command line API.
This is very much a work in progress, and intended to be the basis for building more sophisticated scripts and applications, for example automating complex work flows in large projects.
This project was started as a test-bed for me to explore the wider world of Python, such as:
- Unit testing
- Continuous Integration
- Sphinx rst documentation
- tox, flake8, etc.
- Supporting multiple versions of Python.
- Pythonic style
Basically, everything that goes into making an industrial-strength Python library or application. So you are going to see novice mistakes and code which is not idiomatic.
All contributions and suggestions are welcome, and indeed that’s the logic behind making this open source. I want to learn from the experience of those who’ve been there before me.
- Handles the low-level details of the gerrit SSH command line syntax.
- Makes the results of those commands available to the programmer in a format which is more natural for Python programmers to manipulate.
- Is aware of which combinations of commands and versions are supported for versions of Gerrit from 2.4 through 2.8.
- Supports Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, and 3.4
- Support a broad range of commands including the latest commands for Gerrit v2.8 (such as ls-members)
- Add a module to operate on sets of Review objects to perform more complex searches, such as building dependency graphs of open reviews.
- Add support for the administrators gsql command
- Implement queries such as examining the audit trail on group membership
- Wrapping generation of properly quoted SQL statements
- Extract the SCHEMA information with a \d command and dynamically clone the database into a memory-resident sqlite database.
- Implement support for the stream-events command, serving up events using an observer-pattern approach to allow many threads to consume events.
If you have any suggestions or questions about gerritssh feel free to email me at email@example.com.
If you encounter any errors or problems with gerritssh, please let me know! Open an Issue at the GitHub http://github.com/kdopen/gerritssh main repository.
The full documentation is at http://gerritssh.rtfd.org.
Fixes #1 - gsshcli.py requires __version__ attribute
Moved VERSION.py to inside the package so the metadata is avaialable to the package and its clients, then modified setup.py and conf.py to use execfile to read the data for their own purposes.
Fixes #2 - gsshcli.py query command fails when –limit option used
The demo script now reconstitues all option arguments as strings.
Fixes #3 - Query command throws TypeError under Python2.7
The JSON responses from the query command are correctly converted to strings in Python 2.x.
Initiates unit-test coverage reporting via coveralls.io
- Minor tweak for pip install
- First release on PyPI.