Python network library that uses greenlet and libevent for easy and scalable concurrency
You can get the 1.0 release candidate from github. Please give it a try.
- Fast event loop based on libevent.
- Lightweight execution units based on greenlet.
- Familiar API that re-uses concepts from the Python standard library.
- Cooperative sockets with ssl support.
- DNS queries performed through libevent-dns.
- Ability to use standard library and 3rd party modules written for standard blocking sockets
- Fast WSGI server based on libevent-http.
gevent is inspired by eventlet but features more consistent API, simpler implementation and better performance. Read why others use gevent and check out the list of the open source projects based on gevent.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|gevent-0.13.8.tar.gz (300.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|
|gevent-0.13.8.win32-py2.6.exe (359.7 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.6|
|gevent-0.13.8.win32-py2.6.msi (278.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows MSI Installer||2.6|
|gevent-0.13.8.win32-py2.7.exe (359.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows Installer||2.7|
|gevent-0.13.8.win32-py2.7.msi (278.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Windows MSI Installer||2.7|