An async GitHub API library
An asynchronous GitHub API library.
python3 -m pip install gidgethub
The key goal is to provide a base library for the GitHub API which performs no I/O of its own (a sans-I/O library). This allows users to choose whatever HTTP library they prefer while parceling out GitHub-specific details to this library. This base library is then built upon to provide an abstract base class to a cleaner API to work with. Finally, implementations of the abstract base class are provided for asynchronous HTTP libraries for immediate usage.
If you think you want a different approach to the GitHub API, GitHub maintains a list of libraries.
Aside: what’s with the name?
I couldn’t think of a good name that was somehow a play on “GitHub” or somehow tied into Monty Python. And so I decided to play off of GitHub’s octocat as a theme and use my cat’s name, Gidget, as part of the name. Since “Gidget” somewhat sounds like “git”, I decided to go with “gidgethub”.
- gidgethub.sansio.Event.from_http() raises a BadRequest of 415 instead of 400 when a content-type other than application/json is provided.
- More robustly decode the body in gidgethub.sansio.Event.from_http() (i.e. if the content-type doesn’t specify charset, assume UTF-8).
- Changed the signature of gidgethub.sansio.Event to accept Any for the data argment.
- Fixed signature verification
- Introduced gidgethub.treq (thanks to Cory Benfield).
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size gidgethub-1.2.0-py3-none-any.whl (19.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size gidgethub-1.2.0.zip (21.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for gidgethub-1.2.0-py3-none-any.whl