A small systray app for git annex assistant.
A small systray app for git annex assistant. The documentation below assumes a centralized setup with a self-hosted server as described here:
Install from pypi:
$ pip install --user git-annex-gui
Install from gitlab:
$ git clone $ mkvirtualenv git-annex-gui $ pip install -e .
Setup and configuration
Create ssh keys. Use default file path or type in. Type in pass phrase:
Add key to ssh-agent. If not default file path used, type in path:
Copy public key to remote git annex server:
$ ssh-copy-id email@example.com
Connect to central repo
Connecting to a central repo is more or less equivalent to whats described under the “make a checkout” section here:
The relevant instructions:
$ git clone ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/~/annex $ cd annex $ git annex init
git-annex-gui also assumes there is a ~/.config/git-annex/autostart file listing the repos to be handled by git-annex assistant. For instance, containing something like:
With this in place, git-annex-gui can be started:
An icon should appear in the systray. Right the icon, choose start and the assistants’ web page should appear in its own window, where eventually information about sync activities should be shown.
One could possibly also get the appropriate sync setup by running the git-annex assistant and completing the setup wizard there.
v0.4 - basic features
- [ ] Implement open annex dir in file explorer. Use xdg-open? - What about BeOS style file navigation in the systray sub-menu?
- [ ] Implement start of app when desktop starts.
- [ ] Implement starting of annex daemon when app starts.
v0.5 - desktop integration
- [ ] Forward notifications to desktop notification system?
v0.6 - in-app documentation/assistant
- [ ] add in-app documentation to aid in
- [ ] starting the assistant wizard
- [ ] setting remote central repo
- [ ] see what else of existing documentatio can be used in-app
To setup for development, run:
$ pip install -e .[dev]
Otherwise, this project use sykel for release handling etc: https://pypi.org/project/sykel/
Check the routes file in the git-annex repo (under assistant/webapp) to get an understanding about the REST interface.
- recovery from corrupt repo: http://git-annex.branchable.com/tips/recovering_from_a_corrupt_git_repository/
- how to setup central repo setup
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size git_annex_gui-0.2.8-py3-none-any.whl (18.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size git-annex-gui-0.2.8.tar.gz (5.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for git_annex_gui-0.2.8-py3-none-any.whl