pre-commit hook for Git
git-pre-commit-hook - pre-commit hook for Git.
You can install, upgrade, uninstall git-pre-commit-hook with these commands:
$ pip install git-pre-commit-hook $ pip install --upgrade git-pre-commit-hook $ pip uninstall git-pre-commit-hook
- Work fine with initial commit.
- Work fine with all filenames.
- Work with index contents instead of working copy.
- Plugin architecture: adding new checks is easy.
- Builtin plugins for: * validate json files * validate files with flake8 * check filesize
Install hook to current Git-repository:
git-pre-commit-hook install --plugin flake8 --plugin json --plugin file_size
Installed hook rejects commits: * if any file has size greater than 10MB * if files with .json extension contains invalid JSON * if Python-code doesn’t pass check with flake8
List available plugins:
Show information about plugin:
git-pre-commit-hook show-plugin-info json