pre-commit hook for Git
git-pre-commit-hook - pre-commit hook for Git.
You can install, upgrade, uninstall git-pre-commit-hook with these commands:
$ pip install git-pre-commit-hook $ pip install --upgrade git-pre-commit-hook $ pip uninstall git-pre-commit-hook
- Work fine with initial commit.
- Work fine with all filenames.
- Work with index contents instead of working copy.
- Plugin architecture: adding new checks is easy.
- Builtin plugins for:
Install hook to current Git-repository:
git-pre-commit-hook install \ --plugin flake8 \ --plugin frosted \ --plugin json \ --plugin file_size \ --plugin rst \ --plugin yaml
Installed hook rejects commits:
- if any file has size greater than 10MB
- if files with .json extension contains invalid JSON
- if Python-code doesn’t pass check with flake8 (with pep8-naming)
- if Python-code doesn’t pass check with frosted
- if files with .rst extension contains invalid RST
- if files with .yaml extension contains invalid YAML
List available plugins:
Show information about plugin:
git-pre-commit-hook show-plugin-info json