Python commodity wrapper around GitPython
Python wrapper around GitPython
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://git-wrapper.readthedocs.io.
This library only supports python 3. Some features may still work with python 2.7 but not all of the syntax and features may be compatible.
There are several dependencies needed to build and work on git_wrapper. Using your distribution’s package manager, install these system packages:
git_wrapper uses the upcoming standard of Pipfiles via pipenv. This is integrated into our Makefile and once you have the above dependencies, you can simply run:
This will install our dev environment for the package via pipenv. It is installed with –user, so it does not affect your site-packages. Pipenv creates a unique virtualenv for us, which you can activate via:
See the pipenv documentation for more detail.
To build the documentation on your checkout, simply run:
We plan to get this published in the near future, and this README will be updated when that happens.
All new code should include tests that excercise the code and prove that it works, or fixes the bug you are trying to fix. Any Pull Request without tests will not be accepted.
Pushing a new release
Prepare a patch to update the version number (example)
You may want to check the HISTORY.rst file renders correctly before committing, as the twine upload will fail later if it doesn’t. Install one of these:
# dnf install python3-readme-renderer $ pip install readme-renderer
Then run the following command:
$ python -m readme_renderer HISTORY.rst -o /tmp/HISTORY.html
Once that’s merged, tag that patch and push the new tag to the repo
Run the following commands:
$ rm dist/* $ python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel $ twine upload --verbose dist/*
(You need to have a PyPI account with the right permissions for that last step.)
- First release on PyPI.
- Second release on PyPI.
- Base functionality
- git cherry support
- Removing pipenv support.
- Third release on PyPI.
- Major refactor to better align the data model.
- Added several new features
- Log diff generation
- Improved clone support including bare repos and destroy/reclone
- Revert support
- Support for rebasing to a branch or commit.
- Fourth release on PyPI.
- Added several new features
- Add function to compare commit references
- Add tagging functions
- Fifth release on PyPI.
- Added new function to check if a commit exists on a given remote branch
- Added checkout parameter to branch creation and hard reset functions
- Added new function to cherry-pick a given commit
- New parameter added to apply_patch() to preserve square brackets in commit messages
- Added new function to grep logs
- Deprecated location of other log functions in GitBranch, they should now be called from GitLog
- Fix RST formatting issue to unbreak Pypi uploads
- Add new log function to get a single commit’s information
- Fix bug in apply_diff whereby new files didn’t get picked up
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size git_wrapper-0.2.7-py3-none-any.whl (17.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size git_wrapper-0.2.7.tar.gz (36.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for git_wrapper-0.2.7-py3-none-any.whl