A gevent based python client for NSQ.
- Free software: BSD license
- Documentation: http://gnsq.readthedocs.org
- Battle tested on billions and billions of messages </sagan>
- Based on gevent for fast concurrent networking
- Fast and flexible signals with Blinker
- Automatic nsqlookupd discovery and back-off
- Support for TLS, DEFLATE, and Snappy
- Full HTTP clients for both nsqd and nsqlookupd
At the command line:
$ easy_install gnsq
Or even better, if you have virtualenvwrapper installed:
$ mkvirtualenv gnsq $ pip install gnsq
Currently there is support for Python 2.6 and Python 2.7. Support for Python 3 is dependent on gevent support.
To use gnsq in a project:
import gnsq reader = gnsq.Reader('topic', 'channel', 'localhost:4150') @reader.on_message.connect def handler(reader, message): do_work(message.body) reader.start()
Optional snappy support depends on the python-snappy package which in turn depends on libsnappy:
# Debian $ sudo apt-get install libsnappy-dev # Or OS X $ brew install snappy # And then install python-snappy $ pip install python-snappy
Feedback, issues, and contributions are always gratefully welcomed. See the contributing guidelines for details on how to help.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size gnsq-0.1.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (22.5 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size gnsq-0.1.3.tar.gz (34.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|