A gevent based python client for NSQ.
- Free software: BSD license
- Documentation: https://gnsq.readthedocs.org
- Battle tested on billions and billions of messages </sagan>
- Based on gevent for fast concurrent networking
- Fast and flexible signals with Blinker
- Automatic nsqlookupd discovery and back-off
- Support for TLS, DEFLATE, and Snappy
- Full HTTP clients for both nsqd and nsqlookupd
At the command line:
$ easy_install gnsq
Or even better, if you have virtualenvwrapper installed:
$ mkvirtualenv gnsq $ pip install gnsq
Currently there is support for Python 2.6 and Python 2.7. Support for Python 3 is dependent on gevent support.
First make sure nsq is installed and running. Next create a nsqd connection and publish some messages to your topic:
import gnsq conn = gnsq.Nsqd(address='localhost', http_port=4151) conn.publish('topic', 'hello gevent!') conn.publish('topic', 'hello nsq!')
Then create a Reader to consume messages from your topic:
reader = gnsq.Reader('topic', 'channel', 'localhost:4150') @reader.on_message.connect def handler(reader, message): print 'got message:', message.body reader.start()
Optional snappy support depends on the python-snappy package which in turn depends on libsnappy:
# Debian $ sudo apt-get install libsnappy-dev # Or OS X $ brew install snappy # And then install python-snappy $ pip install python-snappy
Feedback, issues, and contributions are always gratefully welcomed. See the contributing guide for details on how to help and setup a development environment.
- Warn on connection failure.
- Add extra requires for snappy.
- Add support for nsq auth protocal.
- Preemptively update ready count.
- Dependency and contributing documentation.
- Support for nsq back to 0.2.24.
- Block as expected on start, even if already started.
- Raise runtime error if starting the reader without a message handler.
- Add on_close signal to the reader.
- Allow upgrading to tls+snappy or tls+deflate.
- Flush delfate buffer for each message.
- Fix packaging stream submodule.
- Send queued messages before closing socket.
- Continue to read from socket on EAGAIN
- First release on PyPI.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|gnsq-0.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (24.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7|
|gnsq-0.2.0.tar.gz (36.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|