Upload/download files via SFTP to a maildir structure
sftpcopy allows to copy files to or from a remote server – integrates with gocept.filestore. sftpcopy will take files from the new directory, copy them to the remote server and put them into cur on success. Likewise it will download files from the remote server and put them into the new directory for another application to pick it up.
You can either give the name of a configuration file on the commandline, or pass the configuration values as a dict directly to the entrypoint (useful for buildout integration). The configuration file has the following format:
[general] mode = upload # or download logfile = /path/to/logfile # defaults to stdout if not given buffer_size = 65536 skip_files = name_of_file_to_skip_1 name_of_file_to_skip_2 [local] path = /path/on/local/machine [remote] path = /path/on/remote/machine hostname = remote.host port = 22 username = user password = secret
The configdict uses the following keys instead:
- buffer_size (default: 65536, i.e. 64 KiB)
- keepalive_interval (default: 5 seconds)
key_filename takes precedence over password. If key_filename ends with dsa, it’s assumed to be a DSA key, else an RSA key. Note that the key file must not be password protected.
skip_files is a list of filenames (local or remote), which are skipped during upload or download.
Files are copied in chunks of buffer_size to avoid loading big files into memory at once.
You can also use sftpcopy as a python object like this:
import gocept.sftpcopy sftp = gocept.sftpcopy.SFTPCopy( '/path/on/local/machine', 'remote.host', 22, 'user', 'secret', '/path/on/remote/machine', skip_files=['my_file_to_ignore']) sftp.connect() sftp.uploadNewFiles() # or sftp.downloadNewFiles()
If you require the amqp extra, gocept.sftpcopy offers a gocept.amqprun queue handler that uploads the message body as a file via SFTP (it respects the X-Filename header or generates a filename based on routing key and a timestamp). Here’s an example ZCML snippet:
<configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope" xmlns:amqp="http://namespaces.gocept.com/amqp"> <include package="gocept.amqprun" /> <include package="gocept.sftpcopy" file="meta.zcml" /> <amqp:sftpupload routing_key="test.data" queue_name="test.queue" hostname="remote.host" port="22" username="user" password="secret" [ALTERNATIVELY] key_filename="/path/to/private_key" remote_path="/path/on/remote/machine" arguments=" x-ha-policy = all " /> </configure>
- Pinning version numbers of dependencies for tests.
- Migrate to py.test as testrunner.
- Add new skip_files parameter to skip upload or download of files.
- Update bootstrap.py to version from zc.buildout 2.3.0.
- Move repository to bitbucket.org.
- Set up keep-alive checking.
- Fixed brown-bag release.
- Copy files in chunks instead of loading each complete file into memory. There is a new config option buffer_size which defaults to 64 kB.
- Support key-based authentication.
- Check that the size of the transmitted file after up/download matches what was transferred.
- Update to gocept.amqprun-0.8.
- Make amqp server configurable for tests.
- Clean up garbage connections left by tests (#10634).
- Add gocept.amqprun integration.
- Log errors that occur while connecting
- Added configdict argument to main function for easier buildout integration.
- Fixed bug in connection logging.
- Remember filestore so we can actually upload/download.
- Did some testing predefined user.
- Fixed brown back release 0.1 which was not usable at all since there were various files missing in the archive.