Copyright 2011 Google, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Google APIs Code Generator https://code.google.com/p/google-apis-client-generator/
August 20, 2013
This is a tool for generating client libraries from Google APIs Discovery documents. It builds a rich (but language neutral) model of the API and then invokes a language specific backend to emit the library. The language generators are template driven, so it is easy for a developer knowning language X to write templates for code in X, without having to learn much Python.
The generator currently has templates for Java, CSharp, GWT, PHP and Dart. There may be multiple variations of each language. For each, the variant used by default (typically also named “default”) matches the head of the respective base client libraries.
Python 2.7 is required. Python3 is not supported.
Everything can be installed quickly with easy_install or pip. E.g.:
pip install google-apis-client-generator
The following dependencies will be installed:
- django (for the templating package) - http://www.djangoproject.com/
- google-apputils - http://code.google.com/p/google-apputils-python/
- google-api-python-client - http://code.google.com/p/google-api-python-client
- python-gflags - http://code.google.com/p/python-gflags/
- httplib2 - http://code.google.com/p/httplib2/
To run the library generator, use the “generate_library” script. This is normally what you’d want to do. E.g.:
- –input=src/googleapis/codegen/testdata/moderator.v1.json –language=java –output_dir=/tmp/generated
To expand arbitrary templates, the “expand_templates” script is also available:
- –discovery=src/googleapis/codegen/testdata/moderator.v1.json –language=any –templates=discovery_check –output_dir=/tmp/generated
Tony Aiuto (email@example.com) Jacob Smullyan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TODO: Figure out how to actually get changelog content.
Changelog content for this version goes here.